Check In

Options
Just checking in to see if we're still active. I'm still working hard to change my apple shape. I just began insanity on Monday. Hoping to get it done by the end of April.

How's everyone doing?

Replies

• Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm still here! I am finally losing my apple shape, thank heavens! It's still one of the main locations of my fat, but little by little I'm getting a bit of a waist. I think at best I'll still be ruler shaped, but I'm okay with that. My waist near my highest weight was over 52" (ugh). Now it's 36". I'm 6ft tall, so that's at the high end of reasonable for me (I've read your waist should be no more than 1/2 your height).

Hope others are doing well too!
  • sandygettingfit
    sandygettingfit Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm still here! I am finally losing my apple shape, thank heavens! It's still one of the main locations of my fat, but little by little I'm getting a bit of a waist. I think at best I'll still be ruler shaped, but I'm okay with that. My waist near my highest weight was over 52" (ugh). Now it's 36". I'm 6ft tall, so that's at the high end of reasonable for me (I've read your waist should be no more than 1/2 your height).

Hope others are doing well too!
    You're doing awesome! I'm down to 32" on my waist. My goal is to get down to 29"
  • cmdoiy
    cmdoiy Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I wish this group were more active. I was just thinking...I've been heavy since I hit puberty. I don't recall wearing anything smaller than a size 12 in high school (and that was after starving myself). I wonder what I will look like when I get down to a normal weight. Maybe I'll look like I kind of have a waistline if I keep at it.

Keep up the good work, ladies. You look great :)
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I wish this group were more active. I was just thinking...I've been heavy since I hit puberty. I don't recall wearing anything smaller than a size 12 in high school (and that was after starving myself). I wonder what I will look like when I get down to a normal weight. Maybe I'll look like I kind of have a waistline if I keep at it.

I wonder that too. The smallest size I remember being was a 14 as a young teenager and I was still overweight then. I am now needing to start buying 12s, but it's hard to believe!
  • sandygettingfit
    sandygettingfit Posts: 69 Member
    Options

I wish the group was more active as well.

I'm the opposite. I was a size 0 through 5 until my 30s and started to gain weight in my 40s. Of course, I was in the Army so I had to stay in shape. It's still tough to get back into shape. I'm also coming to the realization that I have to do this for the rest of my life. What? That's crazy! But yes, the healthy life style has to be kept up even after reaching goal weight. I don't know about you but that made me a little sad.

It could be that I'm in a rut eating the same food every day. I'm starting to get bored! Also, the amount of planning involved can get a little overbearing. I'm using 8 little tupperware containers to bring my breakfast, snacks and lunch to work. It feels like I'm always doing dishes!

I think you're doing a great job. It's a slow, frustrating process. We just have to keep one foot in front of the other and keep trudging.
  • sherihollinger
    sherihollinger Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm new here, but I hope this gets active too. :happy:
    I was tiny as a child,
    average as a teen,
    curvy as a young adult,
    and got heavy/let.my.self.go beginning in my 30's..
    now in my mid 40's and want to healthy and energetic! :laugh:
    Took measurements yesterday to begin this crazy journey,
    and I am kind of a even blob, lol, from boobs to hip I am about all the same measurement:embarassed:
    Hope to feel (and look) better by summer!!
  • Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I'm like CeLeigh. My apple is shrinking but I'll be a ruler like I used to be before the belly swelled up with the weight gain. My current measurements are 45-35-38. The bust is only so much larger because it's been ... ahem ... enhanced. ;) Otherwise, I'd be a shapless, bootiless, boobless stick with a dent in the middle!
  • jprayze
    jprayze Posts: 34
    Options
    All my life I thought I was an apple because I was top heavy, but my measurements are now reading ruler/rentangle. Is it common for apples to change into rulers. I guess I'm a ruler, but nonetheless not a thin one. I'm hanging around the apple orchard to see how to work on my waist.

I'm 151.4
    My bust is 40
    waist 36.5
    Hips 39.25