Is gum okay?

Options
Day 2 and I'm noticing a bad taste in my mouth. I doubt my breath is good. I know gum won't "cure" the problem, but it can help mask it and make me feel better about it. Is it okay to have gum? I like Extra Peppermint gum.

Replies

• kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Sugar free. Watch the qty. some still have carbs. I like gums that have xylitol as a sweetener e.g trident). Most sweeteners are acidic. Xylitol is a "base". It actually helps fight acid erosion of your teeth.

But, since your photo is of a dog, I feel compelled to mention that xylitol is poisonous for dogs.
  • chirpinggalaxy
    Options
    Sugar free. Watch the qty. some still have carbs. I like gums that have xylitol as a sweetener e.g trident). Most sweeteners are acidic. Xylitol is a "base". It actually helps fight acid erosion of your teeth.

But, since your photo is of a dog, I feel compelled to mention that xylitol is poisonous for dogs.

Thank you. I'll look for xylitol gum next time I go to the store. I don't keep anything I want my dog to eat within her reach, but I really do appreciate the concern. :)