Finally finished week 4

Options
Julie_Donahue
Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
After a 2 weeks delay, I finally finished week 4. I've been sick for 10 days.

Today was my first time running with my new $150 Brooks with my $40 inserts.

After a few days of getting used to the new shoes and inserts, the past 2 days have been my first without pain in my left foot in a couple of months.

Replies

• DLH45
    DLH45 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear it! I've been running with my $40 inserts in my old shoes. I still haven't gotten my new shoes exchanged for the right size. I hope once i do it helps the pain in my knees and left heel.
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    Good for you. Pain is always a bad sign, glad to hear it is better with your new shoes! Any 5k you are training for?

I just did W4D1 today.:glasses:
  • SteadyEdina
    SteadyEdina Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I restarted the Ease into 5k yesterday I've done the C25k a few times. Its really good helped me to take up running 6 yrs ago. I haven't run for a while through illness and depression so I've lost some of my fitness and piled on the weight therefore I'm starting over again I've got a 10k in July so once I've finished the E25k I'm going to do the B210k.

Great effort though everyone.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Being able to restart is a critical part of being a runner. Each of us will need to get back into shape after vacations, injury, laziness, etc. So, congratulations on starting back up, SteadyEdina.

And, Julie, I happy that you're running pain-free. Way to go!