Week 10 Distraction: Honeymoon

Options
lawyerette
lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
For those taking a honeymoon - where are you going??

(FYI - I'm hoping that thinking about the honeymoon will help me keep my focus on the prize (e.g., goal weight) during our Final 3 Weeks...)

Replies

• crystalina888
    crystalina888 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Looking at doing a Mediterranean cruise!!! So excited:)
  • Drkchyld
    Drkchyld Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to go to disneyland!
  • nailtechbec
    nailtechbec Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    We're going on an amazing honeymoon to the domes of Eduardo in Crete ! I can't wait, a little worried about going away for a week without the kids but excited about some proper luxury us time x
  • bbtano
    bbtano Posts: 42
    Options
    We can't afford a honeymooon, but are going to stay in a cabin in the woods of Eastern Oklahoma for a few nights after the wedding. Just booked it today and am so excited!
  • kelly_gelinas
    kelly_gelinas Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    We are going on a Mediteranian cruise. It's 12 days. I am so excited. We leave a month after our wedding.
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited! We are going to Atlantis in The Bahamas! I can't wait
  • Missita84
    Missita84 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    We haven't decided where we're going, but I'm so excited! Honestly, I think I'm mostly excited to take a full 2 weeks of vacation away from work - I've never taken more than a week at a time since I started working. We've talked about maybe going on a cruise. I don't know what else we'd want to do...I really want to have an awesome experience, though!
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    We won't be going right after the wedding so we'll be getting a cottage on the ocean here for a few days afterwards. As far as the big trip post-wedding, we're undecided but we've narrowed it down to either a safari in Kenya or Bora Bora. I've always wanted to stay in a hut with the glass floor over the water and he's always wanted to pet a lion. At some point we'll hopefully get to do whatever we don't do for the honeymoon. I love hearing all the ideas!!
  • cookiemahnster
    cookiemahnster Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to do a cruise in Alaska, so I will have to bring that up :) There are a ton of other places I want to go, but I think that one could be fun!
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    As a wedding gift , my parents offered to pay for the lodging if we used Armed Forces Vacation Club (for military members).
    So, we booked Williamsburg, Virgina because
    a) it's a 6.5 hour drive
    b) nearby attractions that offer military discount
  • nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    We wanted to go away for two weeks, but have a tight budget, so we're driving to Charleston, SC! We're hoping to spend a day or two exploring the city, then rent a condo on the beach (so we can also save money by cooking in some days) and the a few more days camping in our tent in a local state park (ON the beach)! FH hasn't made all the arrangements yet, but I'm SO excited! We're hoping to be able ot do a lot of active outings too--there's a 30 mile bike path and we're thinking about d oing some kayaking too! :)
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Yup, the condo resort we will be at has a full kitchen. We plan on buying groceries to save on eating every meal out.
  • DLSlim
    DLSlim Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm almost positive that we'll be going on a cruise as FH is dying to go (he's never been) and I like that we won't be able to use electronics. No phone calls from the 'rents, work, anywhere. Just sunshine and salty air, and a lot of fun in the cabin ;)
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I want to go to a resort in Cancun (not the crazy party area of Cancun) but I'm getting married in August and I can't see going to an island when the weather will be beautiful here in PA. I want to save that for the winter or early spring- and perferably not hurricane season..haha.

So, I think we are going to stay at my fiance's uncles beach house in Ocean City, MD. FREE! He won't be there, so it's a free house and we can go hang out on the boardwalk and Asateague Island where we went on our first 'vacation' before we officially started dating. Gonna go down to DC too because I absolutely love that city!
  • irishgrim
    irishgrim Posts: 38
    Options
    Spending 10 days in Honolulu to get married and then an additional 7 on Maui. 8 months away tomorrow. I cannot wait!! 17 days in paradise!!
  • lawyerette
    Options
    Gonna go down to DC too because I absolutely love that city!

Let me know when you're coming and we'll take you out for cocktails!!!
  • lawyerette
    Options
    We're been saving money for around 18 months and saving leave for a lot longer than that. In total - wedding and honeymoon - it's just over 5 weeks in the Caribbean. We still have to book the resort in Punta Cana but the price tag isn't what you think. I've been stalking the travel websites and airlines too and got almost everything AT LEAST 1/2 off (and sometimes more). Just SO grateful that we've managed to save our annual leave to be able to splurge.

the juicy details...

Following our Wedding Week with our friends and family at Sandals Emerald Bay in the Bahamas, we plan to stay and play in the Carribean. We will be exploring the history of Santo Domingo, visiting the largest handmade cigar factory in the world in La Romana, and relaxing on the beach at an All-Inclusive in Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. We'll then be going on the cheap (cooking all meals except the included continental breakfast), splitting our time above and below the water in Puerto Rico - discovering the animals of the El Yunque Rainforest and la Isla Caja de los Muertos (Coffin Island) and the mysteries of the Rio Camuy Caves and Mosquito Bay (a bioluminescent bay) in Puerto Rico. There are a lot of great diving locations around the island, so we'll be scoping out the smallest waves and the best vis. In late May, we continue to the British Virgin Islands for more diving and, later, a rendevous with the entire Monk clan (his family) to celebrate Cullen's parents' 35 wedding anniversary (they are footing the bill for the whole family for this). We wrap up with a few days in Old San Juan - dining and dancing. We've waited a long time for this and CANNOT WAIT!
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    It's not for-sure but we're thinking of a Mediterranean cruise too! We originally wanted Italy, but I also wanted the gorgeous beaches so this seemed like the best of both worlds. We won't have it until a couple months after the wedding though, so plans might change. One stress at a time is enough for me, lol! :)
  • CGPrincessWarrior
    CGPrincessWarrior Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    we're going to do an all inclusive resort somewhere...we're just not sure where yet. Should be fun.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth- Cocktails would be fun! Your honeymoon/wedding sounds absolutely amazing. That is a trip of a lifetime!