Postponing my first 5K

Options
Julie_Donahue
Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
I was planning to run (or run/walk) my first 5K in May for my community's Race for the Zoo. But, I realized the that night before the 5K is the Walk for Hope (cancer walk). We lost a good friend to cancer about 18 months ago, and another friend just had her second round of chemo (both breast cancer). I'm pretty sure I'll end up walking more than 3 miles during the 4 hour Walk for Hope.

So, my first 5K will be the "Alien Chase" on July 4th. (I live in Roswell, NM where "aliens" "crash landed" in 1947. Some people run dressed as aliens. Not sure I'll do that....

I'm also going to try to do the March for Babies (March of Dimes) walk/run in April.

Replies

• Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    The alien run sounds like fun. Even if you don;t dress up - it's fun seeing all people who did. I just did my first 5K. It was called Coogan's Run and there were bands playing along the route and some people dressed in green for the irish!. I walked it and had a great time. For me just getting their was an achievement. I signed up for 3 more this spring.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    That makes a lot of sense. Well, you'll be more than ready by July!