Week 10 Approaching the first finish line

Options
MarlaStuck
MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
Good day all. ????

Week 10, that is impressive!

We all realize this is just week 10 of this this "group" journey and only the beginning of our new healthy lives. Only twelve weeks yet some definite learning points for me, and I know of at least of couple of you. I'm super happy that I have these conversations with you, and if you have not already please send me a friend request so we stay in touch after this challenge. Oh and those that want to be bored with puppy stories and pictures my Facebook is Marla E Stuck ????

I hit a road block in my challenge this last week that I'm trying to figure out. I added supreme 90 workouts which is like baby p90x, and cut my self slack on 10000 steps a day...I'm finding I feel things happening but no positive measurable changes. Frustrating!

I increased my workouts which feel great, but I can't stay awake at night now....sleepy early and struggle to get up. Has anyone else dealt with this? Suggestions? Yes, work stress is way up (I'm a labor relations director in the newest right to work state).

Ok on to better stuff...I'm super proud of you that continue to drop weight and inches that is incredible at this stage of a challenge. You rock! I want to say my personal thank you to Jess even though your challenges are more than most of us are handling at this time your encouragement to others is truly incredible...that is what a leader looks like. Thank you Jess ????

So....onto our challenge....what exercise will you increase this week?
I'm going to do 10 push ups everyday, and 40 sit-ups everyday...as minimums.

Is there one recipe you would like to share with the group? Think about it then feel free to share any time this week.

Measurements...mine are in and there isn't really changes other than bmi and fat percent seem to be squaring away.

Thank you all for sticking with this and being so encouraging! Have a successful week.
Warm Regards,
Marla

Replies

• Buglindsey1979
    Buglindsey1979 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

I too seem to have hit a hiatus. My body just keeps yoyo-ing around that same four pounds, so I decided it was time to make a change. With temperatures around 19 degrees outside, I just was too much of a wuss to go out and my Wii fit just wasn't enough. So I broke down and joined a gym. I am only in town four days a week, but I want to get as much time in as possible.

I also joined everymove.org. It sync's with MFP and fitbit and you earn rewards for working out. I have only been on it two days, so the jury is still out, but extra motivation never hurts! If anyone wants to add me on fitbit or everymove, my email is bug_4@hotmail.com. I would love some healthy competition.

The other accomplishment that I had this week is that I reached 9 pounds lost. That means I have lost 5% of my body weight! (Please don't do the math to see how much I weighed at the start.) However, when it gets calculated that way I feel a lot better about my progress.

I have been trying hard not to go overboard, but make this a lifestyle change. I don't feel that I have been making enough progress, so that is now going out the window. This week I will continue to walk to work on those days and hit the gym when I am in town. Good luck to you all! Have a great week!

Lindsey
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    It is so amazing how time flies! I am still hanging out at the same weight...No change two weeks in a row. Not from my lack of trying. However today after losing an hour thanks to daylight savings time, breakfast out with family, skipping lunch...shopping all afternoon with my mom....I am skipping exercise and unwinding with some wine.....ahhh the perfect Sunday.

Monday I will be back on track! I have two weeks before company comes and I need to make some progress before then, because that will be another week that I will be off kilter!

I hope everyone sets some goals this week and achieves them. (by that...I don't mean, see the scale go down 2 pounds...just # of exercise minutes, daily calorie goals etc).

Mine is 300 minutes of exercise this week! 1200 net calories each day. Log everything that goes into my mouth!
  • Nancysdiettips
    Nancysdiettips Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good Morning:

This may sound like an echo but nothing happen as far as my weigh in goes.

I do feel so much better and healthier, so I am trying to make the frustration with the number on the scale seem a small set back.

I have been struggling finding the time to work out. I just need to schedule it in, make it more of a priority.

Daylight savings makes me so tired, but the days growing longer should inspire me to be more active.

Marla, I think I am going to try your push up and sit up idea. It will be great way to start my day.

10 weeks of hard work, Luck 2013 members, keep up the good habits you have acquired!!!!
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    JessicaLynnDouglas Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks Marla!

I have been seeing positive changes, all the while still staying away from the scale for a week to see if my current adjustments that I have made are working or not.

My weekend went better, but I still have a long way to go. I got a run in each day, my calories were better but still
    not good, and I logged everything each day. I made it through the weekend still feeling good and with a positive attitude. I'm ready to move forward stronger, more determined, and with more will-power!

I have to get my workout in every morning this week because we are going away on the weekend and I will have a forced two day break. I can't even plan to get any exercise in while I'm away with the weather and conditions at this time.

I have to cut out all the little bits of gluten that I am consuming, even on the weekends . It has to be GONE!

Marla, I'm stil trying to figure that out! My body has adjusted to gettig up early and I don't seem to have that "drag" any more, but I still get really tired at night, although it is getting better. After our 12 weeks I am going to start seperating my exercise. I am going to cut my morning workouts in half, so I don't have to get up as early. Than I'm going to take advantage of the daylight-saving's-time, and finish after dinner in the outdoores. That way I use some energy in the fresh air, rather than falling asleep! On nights that I know I won't get my evening workout in, I will still get my full workout in the morning. Hopefully this all works; I just like getting all my exercise in the morning, but I don't like the tiredness that won't go away when I have done everything I can to make things work.

I also have my husband helping; my daily summary calendar is on the fridge, he is monitoring me to make sure I'm not mindlessly snacking, and he is encouraging me to change up my morning routine so that I don't feel so tired at night and have more energy.

I always say a lot! lol

Have a great week everyone!

Jess
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm still sitting at the same weight as I was when I started but I'm okay with that. I realized that I wasn't trying as hard as I thought and because of the continued encouragement from this group, especially Jessica and Marla, I've hung in there. I took a break and a good hard look at what I was doing and what I needed to change. I feel confident that my new attitude and new eating plan are going to show results soon. I found that I wasn't really paying attention to portion control and I have also added more fruits and veggies and I'm trying to seriously cut down on anything fried, frosted, sugery sweet, white bread, white rice, basically all the things we know we shouldn't eat. I've realzied that a calorie is not just a calorie and it does matter what you eat. I'm working on getting back on track with my exercise and I want to mix it up a little bit and add some yoga once a week too. This is a journey, but I've learn a lot in the 10 weeks we've been together and I look forward to many more weeks of sharing and success with all of you!:drinker:
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    JessicaLynnDouglas Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I love this group! :heart:

I really enjoy encouraging others and I'm happy that it's appreciated. I do find my self more accountable when I am regularly encouraging others and it helps me through a harder week; like I am currently going through...just seems to be that much more challenging for me this past week...oh well, moving on!

I also find that I do better on the weekends when I continue to communicate with other MFP members :glasses:

I feel like I am doing better and my mind-set is improving with each day, with my will-power following close behind. I really hope that these changes that I have made show on Monday when I weigh in, but if not I know that I will continue on with what I am doing and see the progress I am making. Regardless, I feel like the changes I have made and will continue to improve on are helping and will lead to all of the results that I am expecting.

Enjoy the rest of your week everyone, I'll be checking in :tongue:

Jess