new girl of the group

Options
I am jumping on the band wagon with clean eating starting on Wednesday when I have my clean eating groceries. My mom and I decided we want to cut out processed foods and eat as close to natural as possible. We are going on the maker's diet by Jordan S Rubin. so in preparation i would like to join this group make like minded friends. I signed up for a 10 day pledge to cut out processed food starting on march 13,2013. you can find it at 100daysofrealfood.com

Replies

• JDubbs339
    JDubbs339 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello Sweet_Gurl_Ne!

I'm also new to this group. Good luck to you in achieving your goals. I am adapting this to be my new eating lifestyle. I have begun meal planning too. Meal planning has been essential in making sure I have clean food available to eat throughout the day so that I don't feel too tempted to grab the free bagles and fattening muffins at work.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Hi ! thanks for the idea. my mom and I are planning on implementing this. we have the grocery list and meal plans for the month. since that is the only food that will be in the house my stepdad and my daughter will be on board. we make it a rule if God didn't make it , we don't eat it.
  • JDubbs339
    Options
    Oh man, you're going ALL OUT! I wish I could do that. For now we're just eating all we can that isn't processed. All of our meals are at least 90% clean. For instance if I'm making chili, I don't bother with fresh beans that I have to soak. I don't really have time for that (I'm a tax accountant...and it's tax season) Another example is that I eat egg whites from the carton. I can't stand the idea of wasting all those yolks!!

Ok mabybe our meals are 85-90% clean : )
  • GillaMahogany
    Options
    Hey Everybody!
    I'm new too. New to mfp, (I like to call it "the Pal") and new to clean eating. I am not going to be able to go all out, at least not yet! But I am taking the step to say it out loud "I need to eat way less processed food"! There, I said it!
    I'm hoping that this group will give me lots of great ideas on how to eat better, cleaner, and more nutrient rich foods that taste good! I have heaps of food allergies and intolerances, so if there's anybody out there in the same boat, we should be friends!
  • newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Oh man, you're going ALL OUT! I wish I could do that. For now we're just eating all we can that isn't processed. All of our meals are at least 90% clean. For instance if I'm making chili, I don't bother with fresh beans that I have to soak. I don't really have time for that (I'm a tax accountant...and it's tax season) Another example is that I eat egg whites from the carton. I can't stand the idea of wasting all those yolks!!

Why don't you eat the yolks? They are soooooo good for you! Look at the ingredients of the processed/fake eggs. That might make you change your mind. The theory behind clean eating is simply to eat real food. The whole egg is devine!
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Options

Why don't you eat the yolks? They are soooooo good for you! Look at the ingredients of the processed/fake eggs. That might make you change your mind. The theory behind clean eating is simply to eat real food. The whole egg is devine!

This! Eat the whole egg. Skip any gross preservatives put in the carton, and get tons of yummy nutrients.
  • JDubbs339
    Options
    I don't eat the yolks because a single yolk has 10g of fat! If I make myself a whole egg in the morning, I would consume about 30% of my allowed fat in grams...and it won't even be 7 o'clock yet!

The waste of the yolk really bothers me. This is the only reason I use the carton egg whites. I'm willing to ingest the chemicals in order to forego waste.