DO you have to eat Breakfast ?

Options
jennaworksout
jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
I am finding, especially during week, I am not really hungry for breakfast so I haven't been having any, on weekends I am hungry around 11, so I do make a brunch on weekends, but I get up at 5:30 during week, i'm at work for 7:00...besides my coffee I don't really want to eat, and I do eat my calories for the day, I make up at lunch, supper and snacking for sure.... you always hear that you have to eat breakfast , etc etc...on the primal diet I don't think it should matter...don't you just eat when you are hungry? thoughts anyone??

Replies

• Freyja2023
    Freyja2023 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast, just my coffee in the morning. I tend to eat when I am hungry and do just fine with my calories for the day. I have never been one for eating the morning. When I was doing the calorie count and following the rules of eat breakfast and eat every so many hours apart I tended to feel like I was force feeding my body when it didn't want to eat. Now I just make sure to eat when I am hungry and I eat until I am full and my body is liking that better.
  • 3rdxacharm
    3rdxacharm Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I too get to work at 7. I just have my bulletproof coffee and I'm good until lunch around 12 or 1.
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Eat when you are hungry. I don't eat breakfast during the week also.
  • graciepecie
    graciepecie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am finding, especially during week, I am not really hungry for breakfast so I haven't been having any, on weekends I am hungry around 11, so I do make a brunch on weekends, but I get up at 5:30 during week, i'm at work for 7:00...besides my coffee I don't really want to eat, and I do eat my calories for the day, I make up at lunch, supper and snacking for sure.... you always hear that you have to eat breakfast , etc etc...on the primal diet I don't think it should matter...don't you just eat when you are hungry? thoughts anyone??

^^This^^

I'm very curious..
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    thanks , I figured as much, you just always hear " it will slow your metabolism down" etc etc...I'm pretty sure that skipping breakfast won't do that, just wanted to see if anyone knew for sure
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I will prepare it the night before, but I don't eat it until I am hungry. Sometimes I am hungry right when I wake up so I eat on my way to work. Sometimes I am not hungry until later in the morning so I have it then. Listen to your body.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

I try to get 30g of protein for breakfast if I can help it. I feel like it helps control the hunger demons all day and when I do get hungry makes it far easier to ignore if I need to.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Yes, you do.

Breakfast = Break Fast =/= Breaking the Fast.
    As soon as you eat food, it is breakfast, regardless if that's in the morning or - if you're like me - past 4PM at night. Don't buy into what "normal" people say that you have to have food in the morning. If you're not hungry, don't eat in the morning. Simple. That said, don't try to trick yourself that you're not hungry - eat when your body is hungry, not when your people or your mind tells you to.
  • evilmj31
    evilmj31 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person. I personally do eat breakfast. I need that hit of protein in the am or I get hungry. I don't eat a huge breakfast every day or anything, but if I don't I have been known to get shaky and irritable when I don't eat. So do what your body says to do I guess.
  • KellyUVA
    KellyUVA Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    thanks , I figured as much, you just always hear " it will slow your metabolism down" etc etc...I'm pretty sure that skipping breakfast won't do that, just wanted to see if anyone knew for sure

I'm curious about this too. I read an article the other day about how breakfast was crucial to keeping your metabolism going and that you should eat 6 small meals a day. Who has time for that??

I just don't know what to believe anymore.
  • ajwolters
    ajwolters Posts: 78
    Options
    I get up at 7am. I usually bring breakfast to work with me, and eat while I settle in at my desk (around 10:30am). On my work at home day and weekends, I don't usually eat until lunch time, sometimes as late as 2pm. Dinner often isn't until 9pm. On those days, I may only eat "lunch" and dinner, just two meals, and maybe a small snack or two.
  • hilliardjoe
    hilliardjoe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about this too. I read an article the other day about how breakfast was crucial to keeping your metabolism going and that you should eat 6 small meals a day.

How are you supposed to burn fat if you are constantly giving your body food (hence fuel) throughout the day? I am curious also.

I have been trying to only eat when I'm hungry. Much easier to do during the weekends when I'm at home than during the week when I'm at work.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I believe in listening to the cues your body gives and eat when hungry, drink when thirsty, rest when tired.

I am getting ready to lay down in my office for my 20 minute power nap, get up and eat my salad and avocado and then finish my work day.

I didn't get enough sleep last night, so I need 20 minutes to ward off the headache that is creeping in.
  • JohnNull
    JohnNull Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Eat when you are hungry.

This is the correct answer.

/thread
  • domez
    domez Posts: 46 Member
    Options
  • Scar1964
    Scar1964 Posts: 92 Member
    Options

^^^ What he said ^^^
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options

This. I don't eat breakfast usually.