Gaining weight with new workout

jesibarnes9
jesibarnes9 Posts: 6 Member
Hi all, I have just recently started a diet and excercise program with 30min to an hour of excercise 6 days a week, and a 1200 calorie diet. I am two weeks in and I have gained 3.5 pounds. I am getting frustrated and I am wondering, what am I doing wrong? I have opened up my diary for all to see, can anyone help?

Replies

• AngelineTheBaker
    AngelineTheBaker Posts: 155 Member
    I checked out your diary. I am by no means an expert, but it seems you are getting a lot of calories from alcohol.

From what I have read, alcohol is very easy for your body to break down and process into energy, so when you drink it, your body processes that for energy rather than processing body fat reserves. Even if you are working out and burning more calories, it is getting the energy from burning the alcohol rsther than fat. That is why drinking alcohol can stall weight loss.

I religiously kept to a 1,200 a day diary for about two months with Lean Cuisines and wine and the scale never budged. It sucks, but I had to limit my alcohol. I still drink every day, just I limit it to 10 ounces of red wine with one splurge day a week. I also switch to a more paleo diet, and I have a lot of success with that.
  • jesibarnes9
    jesibarnes9 Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks for your help! I recently quit smoking, so Diet, Excersice and No Smoking is a lot for me to handle. I am a little nervous about giving up my wine too! I think you might be right, though ;)