Just a "Howdy"

Options
Hello, All!
Please pardon me for cross posting this in a couple of groups, but it’s really hard to write 3-4 identical introductions .
To begin will, I’ll introduce myself. Hi, I’m Tom. Well, now that’s out of the way.
I’m a home-schooling, stay-at-home daddy by daytime (thus my nickname), with 3 amazing kidlets (2 boys, age 9 and 7, and a delightful girl, age 6). I have an amazing wife (age unspecified ) who puts up with me. I’m 47, and have been struggling with weight all of my life.
My last success was with Atkins, about 18 months ago. I had lost about 40 lbs, and my Cholesterol and Triglyceride numbers had moved exactly to where they should be. Then, at Thanksgiving I decided I could take a “free day” to enjoy a traditional dessert-followed by, “Well, I may as well make it a vacation so that I can enjoy some Christmas treats as well,” which became me over year later, and over 300 lbs. So, time to get back onto the Atkins program. I’m starting induction today. Feel free to check out my food diary and comment, make suggestions (please).
Hmm, not sure what else to say. Feel free to peruse my profile if you’d like, and ask questions/make comments. I’m a pretty open guy.
Have a terrific, and successful day,all!
Tom

Replies

• BlessedWith3
    Options
    Welcome Tom!

I am a SAHM of 3 boys (oldest 10 and twins are 8). I am also 47 :bigsmile:

So glad you are part of MFP community.
  • cheryl3660
    cheryl3660 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hi Tom,

Welcome back from "vacation." I, too, have been on one of those vacations for awhile. But now I am back on track and planning to stay there from now on.

Cheryl