Taking a while to get down

wassergottin
wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
Hey guys, I seem to be in a weight plateau right now, with two weeks of staying at 138-139 lbs. I've lost 5-6 lbs since January, which I don't think is too bad, but I want to lose another 15 lbs if possible. I know it's much harder and takes longer to lose when you're already in a healthy weight range, but I was curious to hear about others who are in the same boat or had to deal with it before.

The upside is I've lost another half inch on my waist, though.

I run every day for at least 30 minutes (on weekends, I have a long running day - this Saturday I did 10 km on a mountain nearby, and then Sundays I generally walk for an hour). I also lift weights at least 5 days a week for about 30 minutes a day. According to Fat 2 Fit calculators my Moderately Active TDEE is 2100 (ish) and my Lightly Active TDEE is 1950 (ish), so I keep my daily calories at 1600 and eat back my running calories. I'm wondering if I should lower it or stop eating back the calories.

Thanks!

Replies

• stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Hi, I hear ya on the slow part. I am 143 and want to be 135. try and eat at my BMR and only eat back exercise if I'm still hungry. I am losing but super slowly, I find I lose a bunch then it levels for a few weeks, then I lose several more, like going down stairs rather than a smooth ramp. I think as long as you have figured out a moderate tdee and are eating under that you are good. When I try and eat too low my body rebels and I am tired and cranky. Love to hear some success stories as well.

Congrats on your loss since January!