My first day, level 2

Options
marykpfist
marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
I'm liking level 2 more!
I can do almost everything without modifying. The one exceptions plank jumping jacks ... I can only do half the regular way. The second set I couldn't make it!

I know many of us are getting discouraged, but I just wanted to say...look at the great physical shape we are getting in! This HAS to be good for us, right?

Keep it up!

Replies

• CrimeanGurl
    CrimeanGurl Posts: 103
    Options
    I prefer Level 2 as well even despite sucking pretty bad today and having to stop every five seconds to catch a breath.
  • btay1564
    btay1564 Posts: 23
    Options
    Those squat thrusts or whatever they're called kill me! My quads are on fire after I do about two of them. I'm loving the ab work in this level though, especially the plank twists at the end. I'm hoping my upper body will start looking better as a result how constantly we are in the plank position during this level.
  • EasyKeeper8
    EasyKeeper8 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I think I was definitely gargling my heart! (Where does she come up with this stuff??) I was feeling pretty fit after level 1, but all that plank stuff killed me. I only had to take a few breaks, and did mostly the full versions of the exercises. Mostly. :)

Looking forward to it getting easier, and me fitter!
  • joeymalone142
    Options
    Today was my first day of level 2 also. Wow, it was hard, but at the same time I feel stronger. It wasn't hard like the first day of level 1 if that makes sense. Even though I was not able do much of anything all the way, I know that getting through level 1 made me strong enough to do what I did get done. I burned 1 more calorie than I did yesterday doing Level 1 for the 10th day. (Loving my HRM.)

All of the plank stuff was extremely hard. I have had two c-sections (breech babies) and have a herniated disk in my lower back so my core is SO, SO weak. I can tell it's getting stronger though and I hope if I push through it will get better. I really need this workout because of those things that make it so hard!

Day 11 done! Whew!
  • patticarbjunkie
    patticarbjunkie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love level 2 except I have to use 3b weights when doing the 3rd circuit V- fly's...OUCH!! Anyone getting frustrated you can do it!! Last year I made it the 45 day shred and did each level 15 days. I felt amazing at the end. I am doing her 90 day body revolution (day 74) along with the shred right now which is a little much! .The last year has been great with her DVD's!! Good luck!
  • marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    All of the plank stuff was extremely hard. I have had two c-sections (breech babies) and have a herniated disk in my lower back so my core is SO, SO weak. I can tell it's getting stronger though and I hope if I push through it will get better. I really need this workout because of those things that make it so hard!

Day 11 done! Whew!

I have had two also. I noticed how weak my abs are! I can REALLY feel them today...ugh!
  • kaekencoffee
    kaekencoffee Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm really loving this shred! Day 2 of level 2 and I think this is a video I want to continue doing as part of my fitness goals. I do have to try some of Jillian's other videos as well, but when hubby said "Wow, that workout is really working for you, you're looking great!", I KNEW I had to keep going!

(heheheheh, now HE'S joined me in the 30 DS and I couldn't be happier!)
  • joeymalone142
    Options
    I am definitely sore in new places today after starting level two. Mainly my right bicep, but my shins are sore now too. It was nice to do something different this am I guess, it is kind of boring do the same every day.
  • wannabeloser08
    Options
    Today when i get home from work i will be doing day 2 of Level 2 and i am looking forward to it because i know it is going to produce great results. But i'm not going to lie, day 1 of level 2 (which i did on Sunday, rested yesterday) was INTENSE! I absolutely had to do all the moves in a modified version and only used my 3 lb weights. Looking forward to getting stronger. :)