March 12th

Options
First day of L2 and I've just been reminded of why I hated it the first time round (and Jillian!! :laugh: )

I hate the cardio which seems to be my weakness, not enjoying it at all and the planks are making me feel a strain in my right wrist so I'll have to be careful.

On the positive side, nice to have a bit of a change in routine and I guess it gives me a new challenge, to build up to improving each day.

Keep going everyone!!

Replies

• CrimeanGurl
    CrimeanGurl Posts: 103
    Options
    I've completed D1 of L2 on March 11th. Surprisingly, despite finding Level 2 extremely challenging and ending up plastered on the floor for a good five minutes after the workout, I think that I might prefer it to Level 1. Perhaps it has to do with all the plank poses, which I happen to like, and the decrease in the number lunges and squats, which I am not a big fan of. In addition, unlike the first level, which seemed to drag forever, Level 2 felt like it lasted no more than 5 minutes. I think that with lighter dumbbells it might even be enjoyable. I’ll be testing this theory tomorrow…
  • EasyKeeper8
    EasyKeeper8 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    L2D1, done! It was definitely challenging, but I feel good! I hear you on the wrists, definitely got to watch that. I found if I adjust my wrist position a few times during the exercise, it's better. The twists/skaters really got my heart rate up! Wowzers!!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all early birds!
    I did level 3 today, because it is my second round with the Shred and I like to switch between levels every day. Tough. But I like it because I don't have to use weights so often, level 3 is more about working with your own body weight.

I like Jillian's apologetic smile during the 2nd cardio with weights, when she says "jumping jacks...... with dumbells". I have to laugh every time.
    The jumps squats kill me every time though.
  • mrsg2006
    mrsg2006 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am still on level 1. It is Day 8 and I did it at 5am today.. The hardest part for me was the strength in the first strength circuit with the squats and arm press. Also I also dislike the lunges, I am a paranoid about form espeically since I have a knee that acts up sometimes. Question- did you all move on to level 2 after 10 days even though found some of the moves in level 1 difficult, still?
  • Heidi_20
    Heidi_20 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    level 2 day 2 COMPLETE!! I am def enjoying level 2 a lot!!
  • joeymalone142
    Options
    . Question- did you all move on to level 2 after 10 days even though found some of the moves in level 1 difficult, still?

I did.
  • kaekencoffee
    kaekencoffee Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I spent the first 10 days on level 1, now day 2 on level 2. Once we get to March 20th, I'll move to level 3.

I found I really like both levels as they (obviously) have different exercises to offer that ALL kick butt!

I think when I'm done the 30 days (well, an extra day in March), I'll just keep switching up the different levels as part of my exercise regimen each day.

Have an awesome day everyone! See ya tomorrow!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    I seemed to have tweaked my left hip doing level two, day one yesterday so I'm going to sit it out today and hopefully start again tomorrow. I'll have to be careful with the twisting.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    L2D6 for me....ok..what's wrong with me...I love the planks!!! Hate push ups...but love planks!!! I must be sick :noway:
  • mrsg2006
    Options
    L2D6 for me....ok..what's wrong with me...I love the planks!!! Hate push ups...but love planks!!! I must be sick :noway:

I hate push ups also, but look forward to the planks to come!
  • btay1564
    btay1564 Posts: 23
    Options
    I am still on level 1. It is Day 8 and I did it at 5am today.. The hardest part for me was the strength in the first strength circuit with the squats and arm press. Also I also dislike the lunges, I am a paranoid about form espeically since I have a knee that acts up sometimes. Question- did you all move on to level 2 after 10 days even though found some of the moves in level 1 difficult, still?

-- Last time I did 30 DS I was struggling to do a lot of the moves in L1 and L2 so I stayed on each level for a few weeks (although I admit I did the workout intermittently by that point). I never actually got beyond L2 because of this - the workout never became that much easier for me and I just lost interest. The exercises in L2 are much different than those in L1, so I'd say just move on when you're supposed to. If it's way too much for you, or if you feel like you're doing yourself more harm than good, you can always go back a level.
  • mrsg2006
    Options

-- Last time I did 30 DS I was struggling to do a lot of the moves in L1 and L2 so I stayed on each level for a few weeks (although I admit I did the workout intermittently by that point). I never actually got beyond L2 because of this - the workout never became that much easier for me and I just lost interest. The exercises in L2 are much different than those in L1, so I'd say just move on when you're supposed to. If it's way too much for you, or if you feel like you're doing yourself more harm than good, you can always go back a level.

Thank you!!!!
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 434 Member
    Options

I'm guessing over the 10 days although it still may not be easy, you are finding you can do more and more each time? I still struggled with the first set of cardio on L1 but I moved on to L2 today as I'd done the first 10 days. L2 is tough but you can do some of the modifiers with Anita if you need to so it's definitely doable. Good luck!
  • CrimeanGurl
    CrimeanGurl Posts: 103
    Options
    It was day 2 of the second Level for me. I switched my 5lbs dumbbells to the 3lbs ones on some of the exercises, but it was still pretty tough. I did take slightly less breaks than yesterday, however, so hopefully it'll get a bit better as the time goes by.
  • jsd_135
    jsd_135 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Day 5 Level 1

Day 5 should have been yesterday. Anyway, it's starting to get better. First set of modified push-ups not too bad; second set was kind of a bust. My form overall is improving, except for bicycle crunches and the lunges. I'm really hoping it seems "easy" by the time I get to Level 2.
  • Naamah18
    Naamah18 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Today was my Zumba class, so no 30DS for me today. Back tomorrow!
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Day 9 of level 1 for me today and oh my! My muscles are constantly sore. I don't feel it all that much - until I go up a flight of stairs! Tomorrow is my last day at level 1 and I am both looking forward to and dreading level 2. I know what's in store, as I've been there before and there are parts that I love and hate. But, this time I'm going to stick it out, go the full round of 10 days and I'm going to get to level 3! I've done level 1 and 2 several times, but I always lose interest before level 3. But I'm going to do it this time!
  • goldencoley
    goldencoley Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Day 2 level 2 done for me!! I think it's finally starting to get a little more tollerable for me! HA! I mean, I love it... but I hate it! I just can't wait until I can make it through the whole video without stopping and trying to keep pace with the girls! This one is a good one!! Keep it up shredders!!

I WILL be confident in a bathing suit this summer!! That's what I hear when Jillian tells me that she wants me to feel like I am dying :)

I literally almost did die when I heard that... from laughter! That is great!