TDEE daily amount or TDEE-15% then a splurge at wkd?

Options
bfitgirl
bfitgirl Posts: 138 Member
Hi all, just wondering am i doing this TDEE well enough to do a proper cut soon.

MFP set at 1900 which is TDEE - 15%

I eat at TDEE -15% on a daily basis, but do eat extra on the weekends, making it around 2100 cals over. This then ups the OVERALL weekly amount to a no cut TDEE

i have already done around 6 weeks and plan to do another 2 weeks then to stick to TDEE-15% daily thereafter. No extra cal at the weekend! Am I just kidding myself that I'm doing TDEE?

Thanks,

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just wondering am i doing this TDEE well enough to do a proper cut soon.

MFP set at 1900 which is TDEE - 15%

I eat at TDEE -15% on a daily basis, but do eat extra on the weekends, making it around 2100 cals over. This then ups the OVERALL weekly amount to a no cut TDEE

i have already done around 6 weeks and plan to do another 2 weeks then to stick to TDEE-15% daily thereafter. No extra cal at the weekend! Am I just kidding myself that I'm doing TDEE?

Thanks,

You are not. The 1 or 2 days of excess rarely makes up for the heavy days.

So if this was working, you should show weight loss between Tue am to Sat am, as long as you didn't workout on Mon and Fri to mess with water weight and give false gain and loss.
  • bfitgirl
    bfitgirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You are not. The 1 or 2 days of excess rarely makes up for the heavy days.

So if this was working, you should show weight loss between Tue am to Sat am, as long as you didn't workout on Mon and Fri to mess with water weight and give false gain and loss.
    [/quote]

Thank you for your response.
    I do gain over the wkd but generally return to my 'new' weight (aka stabilised weight gained so far by eating this way) by the Thursday. I am lifting x 3 days mon-wed-fri, but by returning to this weight it would suggest that I am?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your response.
    I do gain over the wkd but generally return to my 'new' weight (aka stabilised weight gained so far by eating this way) by the Thursday. I am lifting x 3 days mon-wed-fri, but by returning to this weight it would suggest that I am?

That would be better indication then.

If anything, it means your aren't grossly under-eating. Many who do the cheat day undercut by huge amount through the week, the one cheat day doesn't fully make it up.