I'm failing

I just don't get it. Before the holidays, I was 100% Paleo, no issues what so ever. Then depression hit. It was the first holiday season since the death of my baby brother. After the holidays I tried getting back on track.... and am failing every day. I don't understand. What is different from now and then?! Why can't I be 100% Paleo anymore. It's such a hard struggle. I need to get back on track. I need to lose weight. I need help. :'(

I know part of the issue is the rest of my family and their food options in the house... but that hasn't changed. It's always been here. It's just harder to resist this time around. I'm not as strong as I was before.

Another issue is my allergy to eggs. (I became allergic after the birth of my son, how krayzie is that!?!?!) It was also here last time when I went several months 100% paleo, and I always found something else to eat for breakfast.... but it's like my inability to eat eggs anymore is blocking me from having a good breakfast.

It's like I need to find a Paleo Meal Planner. Something to tell me what I will eat every day.. and ironically, I make it myself, but this junk and fast food filled house gets in my way.

I just don't know what to do.

Replies

• JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Just remember that because the first meal of the day is called "breakfast" you don't have to eat breakfasty things. I call my meals, Meal 1, Meal 2, Meal 3 and make sure I have protein, veggies (and a little fruit in meal 1) So sometimes, I have chicken with guacamole and sala for my first meal, or bacon and sauteed veggies (mushrooms, peppers, onions) etc.

I know that it can feel daunting, but think of the great health benefits you reaped previously. I'm a first timer and I'm feeling great just after 12 days. You can do this...just don't think of Paleo as primarily eggs based because it's so much more. As long as you get protein in each meal, you don't need eggs.

Hope that helps a little?

I did find this online: http://balancedbites.com/2012/08/15-egg-free-paleo-breakfast-ideas.html
  • Eat2Live2Run
    Eat2Live2Run Posts: 137 Member
    There actually is a "Paleo Meal Planner" if you really feel like that would help you. I'm in no way related to this business, but I use it ... emeals.com. They have several different options of meal plans and one of them is Paleo. It's pretty cheap too, and they give you a complete grocery list. I don't use it consistently, but if I'm having a week where I need the thinking taken out of my meal planning it works well. The recipes I've made so far have all been yummy!
  • blueimp
    blueimp Posts: 230 Member
    I sometimes, but not so often eat breakfasty things for dinner and dinnery things for breakfast. I'll eat bacon at any meal. Protein of any source, veggies and a little fruit once or twice a day -- mix it up, have fun with it! Good luck - You can do this!
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Don't be too hard on yourself. There are a lot of food temptations out there. Breakfast is often hard for me too because I grew up eating cereal for breakfast almost every day. Why not aim for 90% Paleo and work up from there?
  • mandabrett
    mandabrett Posts: 139 Member
    I'm struggling too. It is so hard to have a clean diet in the world we live in. I am fighting with pizza and brownie cravings everyday. That's what happens if you give in. I just try to take it one day at a time. My main issue is that I want to limit my fruit, but it is so hard!
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    I subscribe to emeals, their paleo plan is really good:)

I ditto the suggestion about meal 1,2 & 3. Want salmon or steak for your first meal? Go for it!

Hang in there. I think we all struggle from time to time.