taking action!

Options
Just curious, what are you beautiful people planning on doing in order to drop these pounds and keep them off?

Replies

• rushikareddy
    rushikareddy Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I don't really have cheat days lol! If I really can't get out of a lunch/ dinner meeting , that becomes my cheat day! I make sure my diet is very clean and healthy! It's a low carb and a high protein diet! And I work out five times a week! My trainer has started me on HIIT cardio workouts and they are AMAZING! Help me drop the pounds ridiculously every week lol! It's very very intense when combined with strength training! :) what about the rest of the group?
  • jordanalexis90
    jordanalexis90 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am sticking to my diet and actually enjoying it. I am eating foods with a lot of protein and aiming for 80-100 grams of protein a day which I have to say has given me more energy than ever! I used to hit this slump every day where I really felt like I needed a nap and now that is nonexistent. I also work out 5 days a week and normally do about 45 minutes of cardio with some strength training. I would like to get more into strength training for some added toning! My cardio consists normally of 30 minutes on the elliptical and a good mile long fast paced walk on the treadmill. Sometimes I will do a interval cardio routine which consists of 15 minutes on the elliptical, the treadmill, and a stationary bike.
  • KariRoseDoll
    KariRoseDoll Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    For me, I have just been consistent with logging what I eat to be aware of how much I'm taking in daily. I can't say I really exercise consistently, which is what I'm trying to work on. I do exercise 1-5 times weekly -- which is a large variation, I know -- but it's mainly due to school. When I do exercise at home, I'm usually a fitness video junkie. I don't really have a gym available to me, so I do things like 30 Day Shred with my weights. I also do workouts from the Dallas Cowboy's Cheerleaders (future mom-in-law introduced me to them, and the boot camp one is great)! I just ordered two more, ballet conditioning and bellydance. I wanted some variation to my stuff, and I love both areas so I figured it would be a good fit. I also use a lot of the free workouts on Youtube. Another one of my favorite places to go for exercise, provided the weather permits it, is my local park. I haven't been there for a while, but it has this great track with a whole bunch of conditioning exercises. So you start with a warm-up, run down the track, do an exercise, and then run until you reach the next. That's probably one of my favorite things to do, because it gets conditioning in with my cardio, and I have beautiful scenery to look at while I'm doing it. :)
  • Gracie430
    Gracie430 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am sticking to 1200 calories a day. Trying to get more protein for that energy that Jordanalexis is talking about. Who can't use more energy!! I am also going to aim for 4 to 5 workouts a week at my local gym. I plan to walk a 3.5 mph mile (going to start working up gradually to 2 miles) while adding and subtracting an incline from moderately steep to very steep; then I will try to spend 20 minutes on the circuit/weight machines. Am considering the 30 Day Shred. I've seen a lot of people on MFP who seem to use it or have used it. Anybody here tried it?
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    @Gracie - I'm almost done the 30 Day Shred. When I stuck with it consistently, I saw results! In general, I notice the most difference in my core and legs.

I just started level 3 of the 30 Day Shred, and hope to finish it by the end of next week. Starting the next Sunday or Monday, I'm going to jump right into Insanity! I'm doing my best to stick to 1300 calories a day. This plus the 30 Day Shred has helped me slim down my core area, tone up my legs, increase my strength and endurance, and helped me drop 10 pounds! Hoping that kicking it up a couple notches with Insanity (and also sticking with it on a more daily basis!) as well as the motivation from this group will be enough to knock the rest of the weight off :)
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I so kickboxing about 3x a week and some other form of cardio (steps, elliptical, or running) 2x a week along w/ strength training. I'm pretty consistent w/ my workouts, it's my eating that needs to be under control~ it's hard to go out on the weekends and stay within calorie goal! For now, I'm trying to do TDEE-20% which puts me around 1600.

Good luck girls! We can do this!
  • cathawkes
    cathawkes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just did Day 1 of Level 1 30 Day Shred - this is going to be a tough 30 days! Anyone else starting it out?
  • parnyparn
    parnyparn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    im doing turbo fire just started my 5th week
  • Gracie430
    Options
    Thanks quellybelly. I really am going to see if I can find the program for 30 day shred. I suppose you can get it at Best Buy or Wal-Mart?
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Your welcome Gracie :) the vids are available online and on youtube, so being a poor student that's what I went for haha. Not sure where to buy them or how much they cost. Good luck!
  • Amyy1982
    Amyy1982 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much sticking to my diet, maybe just increase my protein and a little less carb and just keep moving LOL
  • Gracie430
    Options
    Your welcome Gracie :) the vids are available online and on youtube, so being a poor student that's what I went for haha. Not sure where to buy them or how much they cost. Good luck!

Great Idea!! I didn't know that. I will check it out before buying anything then. Thanks again!! See!!! It pays to have friends!:happy:
  • zoomerrs
    zoomerrs Posts: 21
    Options
    Logging my food intake is my most important tool when losing weight, it's hard to argue with yourself when it all there in black and white. Unfortunately I have to also give up alchol as I find even when I count it into my daily intake it stalls my weight loss completely. Fortunately I'm not a big drinker to start with, so it should be okay til I reach my goal. I really need to start exercising more consistently. I really get bored on my treadmill, but love walking outside and now that winter is finally coming to an end I can get outside more. I live in Northern Ontario, so walking in snowstorms is not my idea of fun!
  • claudia2390
    Options
    I'm doing Slimming World, and also I have a membership to EasyGym which is great! I try to go about 3 or 4 times a week. Also I tried intermittent fasting for the first time today, managed 695 calories, which is amazing for me! Don't feel hungry at all :) so I'm going to try to do that twice a week and then eat normally (and healthily!) the other 5 days :)
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I don't give myself cheat days, there is nothing I am craving at the moment, so I don't need them. Before, all of the unhealthy food would make me sick a few times a week. Now, it has been weeks since I have made myself sick eating. I am a happy camper with my new way of eating and don't want to go back to the old way. So far, so good. We don't eat out much anymore, I make our own food, so that is helping as well.

I do agree that logging my food intake is a big part of my success so far. I have never logged before. I am not much of a carb eater, so I lowered my carbs and fat, and eat more lean protein. We eat a lot of fish and chicken. I am now eating chicken tacos instead of beef. I am also working out 6 days a week.
  • malcontent
    malcontent Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am getting back to being more active, since I got inconsistent with my workouts ( I blame a looong month of studying, blah). I'm doing a new-to-me Jillian Michaels DVD, Body Revolution, I'm on level 2 and it's just getting hard and very sweaty. Love it just as much I love all her dvds :) Other than that I'm anxious to start running again, we keep having snow and rain ... Spring can't come soon enough!

As for my eats, I'm experimenting with 1400 cals, to see if I do better with a higher calorie intake, since I wasn't loosing any fat with less ... I wouldn't say I am overweight, but I have quite some flab I wanna get rid off and I figured I'd have to workout more, get more muscles and maybe that would help, since I think I am eating pretty well already. These "vanity pounds" are a b**ch!

So I'm looking forward to see how we all do it together :)
  • Doresoontobehealthy
    Doresoontobehealthy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    This time I'm making a daily effort to log in my food and put everything down. Everyday I do that my committment to losing the weight becomes stronger. I want to start exercising again. But I'm convinced this website and the people here make all the difference.
  • zoomerrs
    zoomerrs Posts: 21
    Options
    At heart I'm a lazy person, but once I start exercising I get more motivated. I think I need to find more recreational sports type activities as I really don't feel like I'm exercising when I'm playing a sport. Can't wait for the snow to go, so I can get out on the tennis courts and try out my new racquet. Think I'm also going to try Jillian Michaels 7 day detox drink in place of my regular water I drink.
  • helen195
    helen195 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi I am doing Slimming World and keeping a check on how many calories I eat. Seem to lose more doing high protein and low carbs though.
  • nickerbokor
    Options
    I started insanity last week and am on week 2 and going strong