Phase 3-4

Options
I started Phase 3-4 last week and have completed one full week and both Sweat and Sculpt for my second week. It only took me about two weeks to get up to speed on Phase 1-2 and at the end of my fourth week I was working out at a higher intensity than the video. I wasn't really sure what this phase would be like, but was ready to move up.

Let me tell you, Phase 3-4 is tough! Both Sweat and Sculpt have four circuits now, instead of three. And with things added like declined (feet on a chair) pushups, it gets a lot more intense. Plus there used to be a 4 or 5 second "break" as you got ready for each new exercise. That's gone. Now you blast straight from one to the next. I'm not yet able to get through Sweat 3-4 without pausing for a few seconds every few minutes.

Don't be scared off, though. When you have reached the point where you know you're ready to move on from Phase 1-2, you will be ready for this challenge. I'm having fun!

Replies

• madcattonycrone1
    Options
    think I might try it next week. little nervous but I am trying to build up to p90x.
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    I am going to do p90x next .... I'm thinking about 5 weeks from now.
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    Okay guys .... I am now officially halfway through my third week of Phase 3-4. And that also means I am within 3 days of completing 8 weeks of Power90. Here's what happened so far with Phase 3-4

Week 1 was mostly getting heavier on the lifting and more intense on the cardio. Plus I had to learn all the stuff that got added (maybe 25% new stuff). And I bought new resistance bands and had to get those figured out too. So, it was sorta like the first week way back at the beginning of Phase 1-2. Plus Tony, being the great fellow that he is, added more circuits. In Sweat you do 3 rounds of each aerobics work instead of 2. At higher intensity. And the kickboxing adds intensity plus an extra round of punches.

Oh yeah ... Abs ... remember TH Ab100 and what it means? Guess what, it's now TH Ab200 ... and you can guess what that means. That's right, 20 of each ab exercise instead of 10. Holy mackerel, that hurt.

Sculpt adds a fourth round of circuit training, and changes some stuff up. You get to do decline pushups at the beginning now, feet on a chair doing pushups. Don't hit your nose! And new lifts, like calves and forearms. Plus I upped the weight on my resistance bands. Anyhow, lots tougher resistance workout too.

This morning I was able to do 18 decline pushups, 20 widearm, the 7-7-die (so you max out after doing wide and close) and 20 pushups during the fourth circuit. That's starting to feel like the level of pushups we were doing in the Army. That's pretty cool.

So far I like it! On Sunday I'm doing a end of 8 weeks weigh in, tape measurements, body fat determination and pictures. I'll share when I get a chance.

Meanwhile ... just keeping pushing play!
  • madcattonycrone1
    Options
    started 3-4 Sunday. its a bear. kinda replied my legs first cardio slowly coming back. I pushing through. most having trouble with is lunge/squat 5 these legs don't like picking up my weight that many times. keep on trucking though
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    The lunge squat kicks my behind too .... This week I've finally been able to do it at their pace, but I'm totally soaked and dripping sweat from it