Breakfast and Lunch Tips??

Options
So for breakfast some days I eat boiled eggs, yogurt, scramble/veg eggs, or oatmeal (on occasion). Lunch; tuna, yogurt, chicken, or a protein shake. I want to extend my variety of foods for those meals. Maybe every two days or every other day I'll eat a piece of toast but recipes of mainly protein, veg, and fruits??

Replies

• siblita
    siblita Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    A lot of the time I will eat leftovers from the dinner before for lunch. Or make a casserole and split it into lunch sized portions to take with me to work. I'm too carb sensitive for fruit, but I like veggies. Green beans sauteed in bacon grease are delicious!

I pretty much eat bacon or sausage every day for breakfast.
  • Circapaleo
    Circapaleo Posts: 114
    Options
    I really like stir fry for both breakfast and lunch...meat, veggies, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, maybe a scrambled egg. If you can have some carbs you can toss in a little rice.

Omelets are a nice breakfast change...meat (sausage, leftover chicken, etc), cheese, chopped veggies and some berries or fruit on the side.

Wraps with meat, cheese, veggies, dressing all wrapped in a big lettuce leaf are good. I like BLTs...it surprised me how good they were without the bread the first time I tried them.
  • cinbol
    cinbol Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I really like stir fry for both breakfast and lunch...meat, veggies, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, maybe a scrambled egg. If you can have some carbs you can toss in a little rice.

Omelets are a nice breakfast change...meat (sausage, leftover chicken, etc), cheese, chopped veggies and some berries or fruit on the side.

Wraps with meat, cheese, veggies, dressing all wrapped in a big lettuce leaf are good. I like BLTs...it surprised me how good they were without the bread the first time I tried them.

I really like that idea for BLT - never thought of trying it that way!

I tend to eat the same things for breakfast and lunch during the week because I work full time and it's easier - Bacon/eggs for breakfast (we have a great grill guy!) and salad with some kind of meat for protein (chicken, turkey, ham) and some cheese. I prepare my salads for the week in storage containers that I can "grab and go" in the am (adding tomatoes and cukes last minute) - this gives me more time on the treadmill before I leave for work each morning. My change up happens in the evening when I can take more time to prepare my favorites.
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    I generally take whatever leftover meat there is from a recent dinner, plus salad with olive oil and vinegar dressing. I add bacon, avocado, etc in to the salad cause it's awesome. My breakfast is nearly always Bulletproof Coffee, except on Sundays when I have scrambled eggs or quiche (my wife makes an awesome crustless quiche).
  • binknbaby
    binknbaby Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Here's an example of most of my days:

Breakfast is bacon and a fried egg, along with either half a piece of fruit (or quarter, depending on the fruit) or veggies. If you're a "hardcore" low-carber, you can ignore the fruit/veg and have another egg or another slice of bacon. I've done that as well, but given my hypoglycemia, I need some simple sugars first thing in the morning.

Lunch is usually sausage and veggies, or sausage and beans. Occasionally I'll have some steak leftover from dinner, or (more rarely) tuna salad, fixed up like you would for a sandwich, but on an actual salad (spring mix) instead.

Snacks are deli meats, cheese, nut butters, raw nuts, portioned fruit (1/2 or 1/4 piece), yogurt, etc.