Healthy Snacks?

Options
I am new at the hole healthy thing. I need new cheap healthy snack tips. I work a lot during like lunchtime and afternoons. I need a quick healthy filling lunch and a snack for tutoring that wont ruin quickly. Please if you have anything.. share!

Replies

• t_elliot
    t_elliot Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I buy a cantaloupe, honeydew, pineapple and a bunch of grapes. Prepare the works in chunks. Store in containers in the fridge. It makes 8-10 servings. A great snack to grab and go or when you get the munchies at home. mmm delicious:)
  • MorganEtheridge
    Options
    That sounds delicious! I am deffinatly going to try that! Thank you for the tip :)
  • Phylita
    Phylita Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just had a great snack of dates stuffed with pecans (or whole almonds) ! Waaayy nummy. Also another really awesome treat, but a bit time consuming to make, but lasts a long time (so long as you don't chow them all down too fast) is what I call 'FIG FLOWERS'.

2 ingredients: Fresh figs & pecan halves.
    Boil the fresh figs in water for about 5 minutes, enough to soften them up, and then using a sharp knife or scissors, cut each fig in 4 slices, but not right through, leaving the center intact. Place a pecan half on each 'pedal' and place another fig, cut the same on top, so that they are sandwiched together. Place on parchment paper, bake in oven for 20 or so minutes at 350 degrees, or til slightly browned (or your desired doneness). Store in the pantry in air tight container, they last as long as you don't eat them, they are clean, and awesome. Each 'fig flower' is about 100 calories, so be careful because they are addicting. Great for a sweet snack attack or treat. Hope this is something you are looking for.
  • srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I just ate strawberries. I wanted to keep my calories on the lower end for today, but I'll usually have a mozzarella cheese stick with it.
  • janj626
    janj626 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hummus is so delicious! I really like the brand Sabra, but it isn't completely 'clean' as there are some preservatives, but its so good! I like to eat it with reduced fat triscuits - dip them in it - nice, tasty, filling snack. But if you want it to be a meal, find whole wheat pita, spread some hummus and sprinkle some feta cheese and your fav veggies. I don't really like veggies so I usually only put tomatos, cucs and slivered onion. I hope you like it!
  • Cassea7
    Cassea7 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Oat and rye RYVITA cracker with 1 tsp coconut oil and sunbutter..about 100 cals..SUPER healthy with protein to tide you over. This is a snack.:smile:
  • kiarafitjourney
    kiarafitjourney Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    usually banana, frozen or raw is pretty filling, and sometimes i snack on apples as well. um also fit bar we could find on store, its not recommended daily but its fine for me if you dont have time to prepare anything. i usually just eat raw fruits.
  • hausisse
    hausisse Posts: 90
    Options
    Veggies and hummus or almond butter is my favorite!! If you don't have a refrigerator my local whole foods store sells dried vegetable chips :)
  • TIUTaylor
    Options
    Nuts are my favorite go-to because they have a decent amount of protein and are one of the only ways that I incorporate fat into my diet. Try the 100-calorie packs of almonds or almond-walnut mix or make your own and bag them yourself. I always keep them in my purse in case of an emergency! I also love pistachios but you kind of need free hands and somewhere to sit and eat them. They take longer to eat because you have to open the shell! Hope this helps!
  • SallyJoT
    SallyJoT Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love to have apples and almond butter. Easy, quick and transportable. As well, I always try to have raw almonds on hand. I find that I need the protein to help me get through to the next meal without feeling famished. Good luck on your journey!