A Friendly Bet

Options
SkinnyRuthy
SkinnyRuthy Posts: 154 Member
Myfitspiration's Oliva & Hannah have really inspired all of us to take on this friendly bet through Dietbet.com. :happy:
I am so happy that we are all motivated and encouraged to lose weight and get healthy.
It's not easy to do these things in a world that constantly insists that we be instantly gratified and drugged up on fast food, fast fixes, and the latest greatest processed garbage that will guarantee slender waists and beach bodies. :smokin:
The truth is, it takes hard work, dedication, sweat, REAL food (you know, like the kind that was once living or grows): If it was made in a plant don't eat it. :huh: If it grew on a plant eat it!!!! :flowerforyou: , and good friends who believe in each other. :bigsmile:
This group is designed to be kind and welcoming. If you are a debbie downer and can't be encouraging, you will be blocked and/or asked to leave. :noway: We do not do mean. :grumble: We do not do cruel. :explode: We do not do insults.:mad:
Opinions are welcome but are not fact. Like my father has always said "Opinions are like armpits, everyone has a couple and they normally stink." :tongue: So, just use wisdom when sharing advice, criticism, and yes, even praise.
SO happy you all are here and I can't WAIT to get this challenge started!!!!!!! :heart:

Replies

• Brenda1636
    Brenda1636 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you for creating this group! What a great idea!
  • parallelfifths
    parallelfifths Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this! I'm excited to get the bet started. I'm looking forward to getting in the habit of REALLY clean eating. I've been "eating clean" for a couple of months but it's started to slack a little bit. Time to get it back in gear and pay attention to the details! yay for accountability and support! :)
  • kegbail
    kegbail Posts: 47
    Options
    I too am excited to get this challenge started! Great idea for starting this group so we can help motivate, encourage and help one another...toward the same goal!
  • freshstart925
    freshstart925 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this! I found out on Friday that I had suffered a heart attack sometime in the past year, so I'm eating healthy and exercising. My motivation is my children who are 10 and 12 and too young to lose a mom. Accountability is going to be a big factor in my success. We can do it!!
  • SkinnyRuthy
    SkinnyRuthy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Yay! So happy you all are here :)
  • iamfitcat
    iamfitcat Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for inviting me here! I would love to get to know more about everybody! Maybe we can start a new thread! :heart:
  • dparent01
    dparent01 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this group. I think it's a fantastic idea! This will be my third dietbet and I am loving it. The folks there and here on Myfitnesspal are always so friendly and inspiring. I hope everyone meets or exceeds their challenge.
  • mmoran3333
    mmoran3333 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for keeping it interesting!
  • kathydraperfitness
    kathydraperfitness Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this group - I am looking forward to positive support.
  • grandmacar
    Options
    Liking the comments. Wish there was a like button. Can't wait to do this with you all.
  • Angieis123
    Angieis123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Day 1 was rough! I kept craving snacks. I ate good and drank most of my water and worked out. I did however give into a cookie. Not good. But I must just say whatever and no more to the cookie.
  • NavyMommy
    NavyMommy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Day 1 was rough! I kept craving snacks. I ate good and drank most of my water and worked out. I did however give into a cookie. Not good. But I must just say whatever and no more to the cookie.

It's okay though! Yes the cookie wasn't the best choice, but this has to be a lifestyle change you can live with and personally I can't see going through the entire rest of my life without eating another cookie. I would just have cut something else I had planned out (preferably another carb) or gotten physical somehow to compensate for the extra calories.

For me though, in order to feel good about a choice like that I find that it has to be intentional. If I'm mindlessly snacking I beat myself up over it (like I should) but if I want a small treat and I work it into my calories for the day and I eat it when I'm actually hungry and I really enjoy it I think that's fine.