Help Please

Options
nikarjc
nikarjc Posts: 13 Member
Hi ladies and gents... I had gastric bypass on 1/22/13 was @320 pre-op 300 when I came home and last weight was 271 I have been between 268-275 last 2-3 weeks my dietician says I should start loosing again about now... I am nikarjc on MyFitnessPal and am asking u to look at my meals over last couple weeks see if u can see what im doing wrong if anything and msg me here or on mfp!! Info not on mfp: I drink 40oz water in addition to my protein shakes, can give rundown of meds im on if u need... please just help im scared I wont loose or hender or gain weight back!!

I may just be over thinking this!!

Replies

• Speedtrap
    Speedtrap Posts: 216
    Options
    Relax, you are in a stall.
    We all go through it, it is your body's way of catching up. Have you been taking your measurements? I found when I stalled I would shrink and then weight loss would start again.

What you are feeling is normal, don't worry the weight loss will start again an keep going, and yes at some point you will stall again and feel the same way you do now.
  • MDixon26
    MDixon26 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I go through this every few weeks. The best thing to do, I have found, is to shake up your routine. Also, don't get on the scale as much! I was getting on almost every day and would go over two weeks with it either going up or staying the same no matter how perfectly I worked out/ate.

My trainer told me to change up my exercise routine, I did. I also stopped weighing but for once a week. Changing up my exercise every 6 weeks makes a HUGE difference. My stalls seem to last about half as long. It could be a fluke, or it could work. I don't know. :)

I am also thinking about going to weighing once a month instead of once a week now that I am getting further out from surgery and I have heard stalls are more common and last longer. The important thing is not to stress out and start thinking "Oh God, my surgery is failing." It isn't. Stay calm, eat right, change up your exercise routine, and avoid the scale. Sometimes in the near future when you get on it it will have a big drop as your reward for all those staying the same-slightly up times!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies and gents... I had gastric bypass on 1/22/13 was @320 pre-op 300 when I came home and last weight was 271 I have been between 268-275 last 2-3 weeks my dietician says I should start loosing again about now... I am nikarjc on MyFitnessPal and am asking u to look at my meals over last couple weeks see if u can see what im doing wrong if anything and msg me here or on mfp!! Info not on mfp: I drink 40oz water in addition to my protein shakes, can give rundown of meds im on if u need... please just help im scared I wont loose or hender or gain weight back!!

I may just be over thinking this!!

Everyone goes through a stall at around 2-3 weeks after WLS. You will start loosing again. You might wanna up your water intake. My WLS program makes us get in at least 80 oz of water a day and about 80 grams of protein a day. It can be hard at first to get that much in right after surgery but it really does help the pounds come off. I am now over 9 months post op and get in up to112 oz or more of liquids a day and try to get 100 grams of protein in a day too. It does get easier as time goes by.
    Good luck!
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Relax. We all think that we are going to be the one this surgery doesn't work for. I have lost a total of 125lbs. 22 of that was presurgery and the other 103 is post in the last 10 months. So that is on average about 10 lbs a month. some more some less. Your body is just adjusting. Take measurements. Take them now... I just did 2 weeks ago for the first time, and wish I would have sooner. I have no idea what the difference is.

So for me weight loss goes like this most months:
    PMS: loss of 2-3 lbs.
    Aunt flow begins: loss of 3-5 lbs in that week
    Next 2-3 weeks ounces only sometimes nothing

WTH: who looses weight during menstruation!!!

I would stress for weeks that nothing was happening then get on the scale and see 2 lbs today and 2 more tomorrow and so on. We are all different and I think I loose and then my body spends weeks trying to catch up and adjust!

You are fine! Good Luck!!
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    40 ounces of water is not enough. Try to get in more.
  • tianormie
    tianormie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I had was sleeved on 1/24/13 and hit a stall about 2 weeks ago. I was feeling the same thing you are now. I find I have to good weightloss weeks, and two not so good ones (aunt flo is a pain). I struggle to drink all that water as well but I'm working on improving that.

I have to agree that you have to hang in there and not become discouraged. Body measurements are good also. The scale is not always the best indicator, especially if you've been eating food with a lot of sodium (water retention). I wish you the best of luck on your journey.