Getting Started

Options
1tiamat
1tiamat Posts: 138 Member
I just wanted to wish everyone good luck in the challenge.

If anyone has any great recipes or things that work that would be awesome.

I seem to love food a bit too much. :p

Replies

• caryn7780
    caryn7780 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Just remember that you can have things in moderation. It is when you eat a whole cake or a whole bag of chips that there is a problem. Good luck!
  • nightdragon70
    nightdragon70 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone ! Hoping to bust through my goal instead of just achieving it
  • 668Janet
    668Janet Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey all, just joined the site today. Looking forward to the weekly weigh in's and hoping for a good result. Best of luck to all. Great to find a group like this to get the motivation up and at em from the beginning!
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I feel ya, I'm a foodie and love to cook and eat out. Portion sizes and making modifications has become the new lifestyle. I like eating healthy too, so I have at least that going for me :) Good luck everyone!
  • herz28camaro
    herz28camaro Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    so looking forward to getting started..smiles
  • katldoherty
    katldoherty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to this challenge. I needed something to kick start myself. I lost 30 lbs last year but no more. I like to juice and blend. I especially like to start my day that way.
  • emlenz817
    emlenz817 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey all, just joined the site today. Looking forward to the weekly weigh in's and hoping for a good result. Best of luck to all. Great to find a group like this to get the motivation up and at em from the beginning!

I just joined the site too! I'm thankful to find a group right away for challenge and motivation! Good luck everyone!
  • sugah11
    sugah11 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    where do we post our starting weight?
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I use skinnytaste.com a lot. I love there crock pot meals, because it gets me through the work week. We try to make meals on the weekend that will last throughout the week.
  • 1tiamat
    1tiamat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    By the way, I thought it might be helpful to indicate what exercises I plan on doing to reach my goal.

I'll be doing a kickboxing and TaeKwonDo workout 4 times a week (2 online kickboxing workouts, 2 days TKD classes)

Here's the link to the kickboxing if anyone wants to be challenged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvr-oAmwfVo&list=PL_Vbv-UdGIAMGGgCqjxQe1CBWgYIOfL-M&feature=mh_lolz

As always keep at it and you can achieve anything!
  • babyluu80
    babyluu80 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Let's get it on everyone! Just joined the group and I'm looking forward to pushing myself to lose more. Plus Wednesday's are my usual weigh in days too so BONUS!!!

Current weight this morning: 177.2
    Goal: To lose 8 pounds in 4 weeks

I've been doing well losing 1 pound a week but I have to step up my game and push myself harder to be more disciplined with my eating habits and not to eat back the calories that I burned working out.
  • babyluu80
    babyluu80 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, I'll have to check out the kickboxing online because my gym doesn't offer kickboxing classes
  • nightdragon70
    nightdragon70 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good idea Tiamat !

I currently work out 7 days a week, anywhere from half hour to hour and half per day depending on what the schedule is

I do fitness kickboxing in a martial arts place twice a week - hour each
    bodypump once a week at gym - hour
    bodycombat once a week at gym - hour
    general cardio once a week at gym - hour
    home workout - using UFC Trainer for Xbox Kinect - 5 days a week - workout time ranges from 30 minutes to 60 minutes depending on what scheduled for that day
  • WinterDragon
    WinterDragon Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone ! Hoping to bust through my goal instead of just achieving it

I'm hoping to do the same. I set my goal for something that should be achievable, but I'm hoping the challenge helps me to go beyond it. We'll see how it works out!

I was reading a new report that basically says you only need a single serving of grains in a day and that you get sufficient carbohydrates otherwise from eating fruits and vegetables. It says also that for effective weight loss you should double or triple your protein intake (well above and beyond the 50-60 grams a day recommended by the FDA currently) - so the protein calories replace the lost grain calories, among other things. So I'm planning on trying this out to see how it works. Today will be the third day of working to get my protein intake over 100g in a day. :) Cutting carbs is a little harder, but I'm trying.

The other thing it discusses, which I appreciate, is to NEVER let yourself be hungry for a long period of time. Staying hungry is not only self-defeating, because you hate feeling that way, but it also tells your body that it needs to save calories. So snacking isn't a bad thing, as long as it's healthy!

Good luck everyone!
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options

I'm hoping to do the same. I set my goal for something that should be achievable, but I'm hoping the challenge helps me to go beyond it. We'll see how it works out!

I was reading a new report that basically says you only need a single serving of grains in a day and that you get sufficient carbohydrates otherwise from eating fruits and vegetables. It says also that for effective weight loss you should double or triple your protein intake (well above and beyond the 50-60 grams a day recommended by the FDA currently) - so the protein calories replace the lost grain calories, among other things. So I'm planning on trying this out to see how it works. Today will be the third day of working to get my protein intake over 100g in a day. :) Cutting carbs is a little harder, but I'm trying.

The other thing it discusses, which I appreciate, is to NEVER let yourself be hungry for a long period of time. Staying hungry is not only self-defeating, because you hate feeling that way, but it also tells your body that it needs to save calories. So snacking isn't a bad thing, as long as it's healthy!

Good luck everyone!

I love my carbs. That is where i hit trouble, with the carbs.
  • mollymclaughlin104
    Options
    Hoping to kick this off with a juice fast and then move into clean eating. With two picky eaters at home that might be a little difficult :0) Workout is one hour of Zumba three times a week, one hour of strength training once a week and one hour of yoga/pilates once a week. That part's routine already - just need to break out of my bad food rut.

Starting weight: 145
    Goal (by April 27): 135

We can do it!!
  • gs1941
    gs1941 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    looking forward to the weigh-ins looks like this will be a great group with strong motivating people!

Good luck everyone!!
  • Gracie430
    Gracie430 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love the enthusiasm! Let's all make it the full 4 weeks! Even if we don't accomplish our goals, let's keep checking in and giving encouragement to each other.

Starting weight 159.5. I'm shooting for at least 2 pounds this first week.
  • Roxie8611
    Roxie8611 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    When is weigh day?
  • karrianne32
    karrianne32 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My weight today is 180lb
    I want to lose 6lb. I can't exercise properly as I had surgery last Sunday, but am moving about and calorie counting!
    Fingers crossed this is enough
    Karen