wrist pain

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm in my second week of insanity and I experience wrist pain during the plank work and especially during the hip flexer twists during the warm-up. I do yoga regularly so I'm pretty sure my form is not the issue. I was thinking about getting a wrist brace but am concerned this will just weaken my wrist in the long run...

Any suggestions?

Replies

• jez4ever
    jez4ever Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    No pain no gain is not always the best thing to live by. If you have good form and are farely fit then you may need to modify or use a brace? I would make sure to ice it (a lot) and take ibuprofen. If it continues throughout the first month, I would consider seeing a Dr.

After my 1st week, My left calf muscle was hurting like heck. I swear, I thought I tore something. However, I wasn't going to quit for anything. I didn't see a Dr. and it must have only been weak muscles because I pushed through and the pain only lasted about 3 days. However, I definitely had to modify during that time and I iced it every chance I got. If the pain had lasted another few days, I probably would have got it checked out for risk of some type of tear.

Remember, Insanity can be pretty advanced. If your body isn't used to that type of workload, it may take some getting used to.

Good luck!
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    ya my calves are on fire but tonight will only be day 4 and i havent done much since i had my son(will be 4 in april lol) and i cant really do much push up because i have a cyst on my wrist it causes pain sometimes
  • Ssand_257
    Ssand_257 Posts: 90
    Options
    jez4ever: Thanks for the advice, i will definitely keep icing it, and if it gets worse I'll go see a doctor... but thinking now it could just be a complete lack of upper body strength and i'm just noticing it through the pressure in my wrist... but like i said i will certainly keep an eye on it.

julettashane: just keep powering through it my calves burn after most videos too but i make sure i plan out some extra time to stretch (i have a set of muscle rollers called the trigger point system or as I like to call them the torture tools) i find the stretch he does at the end just isn't enough to stretch out properly... at least you have a reason to not do push-ups... i'm just weak :P
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    @ssand- im on day 10 and my calves are better lol i can actually walk....and i did 2 sets of 8 push ups last night thats all i could do but its better than nothing. ive heard of those torture tools haha im thinking about getting them