I slipped

Options
...and it was delicious.

I've been craving sweets for 2 hours now. Instead of the cravings getting decreasing over time, they increased.

So I caved. And I'm not sure I regret it.

that banana was delicious.

Replies

• gmansmom2
    gmansmom2 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am glad it was yum. I hope it does not knock you out of ketosis. Next time consider a fruit with a lower glycemic index. Like berries. Just FYI, I read that bananas and grapes are the two worst fruits for people on Keto.

No judgement here - glad you enjoyed it - just a little info for next time.
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Stock up on safe items. 85% Dark chocolate is good to keep around. Whipped cream is so satiating. Whip it with some cocoa and a little sweetener and vanilla extract. Cocoa almonds. Don't let yourself feel deprived, because that's when bad things happen.

AND THROW OUT THOSE BANANAS!!!!

One thing that's good and bad on keto - it is very unforgiving. You are often punished and it can often take days to recover. That helps me avoid cheating. (So says the girl who accidentally had 19 g of carbs in NyQuil last night!)
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I am glad it was yum. I hope it does not knock you out of ketosis. Next time consider a fruit with a lower glycemic index. Like berries. Just FYI, I read that bananas and grapes are the two worst fruits for people on Keto.

No judgement here - glad you enjoyed it - just a little info for next time.

Good advice Jenn. I've also heard that having fat with a carb reduces the impact. So berries and cream would be a great safe item.
  • chirpinggalaxy
    Options
    Lesson learned. I feel icky today.
  • dehajl1
    dehajl1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
    1 packet of Splenda
    vanilla extract

Whip it up and enjoy....I had this today when my sweet tooth hit and I felt full without eating the whole thing!