New to My Fitness Plan ..

Options
gonzamm
gonzamm Posts: 58 Member
Hello, I am new here - joined a couple of days ago and looking forward to start my journey here. I have been on may diets before only to lose and gain weight again. I am 63 years old and I finally realize that I have to make a life change and make better choices in my eating habits. And, I also would love to see my grandchildren go on to college and maybe enjoy a great grandchild as well. So, this is why I am here today stay focus on my quest to a healthier lifestyle with the support of the members of this group. I too will support anyone who needs a little motivation as much as I do. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mama2stella
    mama2stella Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I too have recently joined not only this group, but My Fitness Pal too. I have a long way to go (40 lbs.), but with encouragement and incentives for all the great people on here I hope to be in the best shape in my life by mid summer. We can do this! One hurdle crossed already...baked 20 doz. cupcakes for St. Patrick's Day at my daughters work, and haven't even licked one finger. Now that's determination.
  • gonzamm
    Options
    Well, I feel like I am on my way and hopefully, this time, to complete my mission to a healthier lifestyle. Wishing you the same. I also have to lose over 70 pounds and I know we can do it. Not licking that cupcake would have taken me more than determination, so I know you have it in you. Good luck.
  • donna1432
    donna1432 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    welcome :) what a great way to reward yourself by getting healthy :) my reason for making a change was also my grandkids my mom passed at 58 and her pic was on a memory table at my daughters wedding I did not want that :( team support is truly what helped me reach my goals (that iM steal workng on ) since 2009 :)
  • gonzamm
    Options
    So, how is everyone doing. So far so good. I have been making better eating choices as the days pass on. I have been losing at a rate of 1 pound a week and I do not feel as I have been counting calories. I don't miss anything (like french fries and ice cream especially) as much as I used to. I am looking forward to wearing a decent bathing suit this summer and not feel ashame of how I look. Wishing you all well ... Maria