Introductions

Options
13»

Replies

• mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    Hi, I am Kira, 45 years old, German, 4 kids 16, 16, 13, 5, part time working for my own company and living in Sweden.
    I have 1 more run to finish the C 25 k program and I know already that if I don´t follow another program I will be stuck. I will run my first official 5k May 4, I walk another one May 2 with a group of friends.
    I started running in February this year so everything is still new to me. I have been swimming my whole life.
    I am very glad that I found this group. Hope we can encourage each other here.
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Hi, Kira! It's good to have you join us. I started running in January, and I'm a lifelong swimmer. I swim at the competitive level, but I haven't competed as an adult. My coaches are working on me, though. I'm 42 and I have three kids - 15, 12, 9.

I've sent you a friend request. I'm just starting to figure that part of the site out.
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Kira, 45 years old, German, 4 kids 16, 16, 13, 5, part time working for my own company and living in Sweden.
    I have 1 more run to finish the C 25 k program and I know already that if I don´t follow another program I will be stuck. I will run my first official 5k May 4, I walk another one May 2 with a group of friends.
    I started running in February this year so everything is still new to me. I have been swimming my whole life.
    I am very glad that I found this group. Hope we can encourage each other here.

Hi Kira! I'm 39 and have three kids 13,12,11, work full time as an apparel designer and live in the Northeastern US. My first official 5K is on May 4th also. And I too know I need to set goals and follow a program to stay on track and improving. I started running in January of this year so its all new to me too. I was a bookish couch potato, but I have become absolutely addicted to running. It's so bizarre and totally unexpected. I started because my husband had done a couple of challenge races and I was tired of him having all the fun! Also I am nearing 40 and I want to be healthy and strong and active in the second half of my life! I am also tired of being limited to plus size clothes. I have actually had nightmares about my luggage being lost while traveling to Asia and not being able to find/buy any clothes to fit me. That could really happen!!! :laugh:
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Beth, I've had those same nightmares when I went to Europe. People told me they don't have plus sized clothing there. I did find some, but it wasn't easy. I imagine it's really true in Asia, though! And you travel a lot, which increases your chances. That would be terrible. Here's to fitting into regular sized clothing!! Yay!!
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tim - 43 years old living in Buford, GA. I just finished C25K yesterday and will move right into 10K training this week. I've been on this board a little while but never formally introduced myself. I originally started C25K in December of last year and stopped in mid-January due to tendonitis. Restarted at the end of February and made it through the program with only a minor ache here and there. I ran 5 miles a couple of weeks ago so I know I can handle 10K. But I'm going to take it slow and build up my distance. My first official 10K will be on July 4th - the Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta. Before that I have a 4-mile trail race in two weeks and a 6-mile trail race on June 22nd.

My wife is also a runner and already up to running 10 miles. She's doing a half marathon in June and we'll do another half together on Thanksgiving.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    It's so cool that you and your wife run together. I'm tentatively going to train toward the Callaway Garden half marathon next February.