what I'm I doing wrong! help please

Options
Serenajeans
Serenajeans Posts: 49 Member
I don't know what I am doing wrong but I have gained back 5 pounds!
I had lost 14 pounds and was down to 130 but over thanksgiving and Christmas I gained back 4 pounds.
I reduced my calories to 1200 but was still not losing anything, and then I gained 1 more pound, and through most of this I was working out one hour 3 times a week. so I pushed my calories up to 1300 but I have not lost any thing. It is so frustrating. Can any one give me advice please?

correction "what am I doing wrong" don't know how that got past me.:blushing:

Replies

• LittleMary226
    LittleMary226 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What kind of training do you do? To lose weight, the best is to work on your cardio (running, jumping rope, etc.). One hour at each time isn't necessary, it's better to do more sessions of 30 to 45 minutes. Since you're exercising frequently, it's possible that you're losing fat and gaining muscles (in that case, the scale can't do anything for you, the best would be to take other measurements, like your waist, your hips, etc.). About the calories, I don't think it's the only thing that matters. You should avoid fat and sugar, and eat a lot of proteins.
  • Serenajeans
    Serenajeans Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice:smile:
  • Tetonia
    Tetonia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This gets said all of the time but it worked for me.... Eat more and start weight training to go with your cardio.
  • Carriesund
    Carriesund Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    First the advice already given is great. I was there before I started pole fitness. I went to the gym and I worked my butt off at least three days a week and I hit a point where I stalled in weight loss and started gaining weight back. It could have been muscle but the problem was I was not loosing any more fat. I started pole and in less than six months I was down 25 more pounds. I attribute that to the fact that the classes I take combine a lot of strengths building exercises and cardio routines. I go to class 3-4 days a week 75 to 90 minutes each time.

I was lifting at the gym but mostly machine assisted and it didn't seem to have the same impact. Worst part is when I started pole I lost at first then I gained but I was measuring my waist line and it was going down so I quit worrying about the scale so much and right now I base my weight mostly on how my clothes fit.

Enough about me the first thing you should do is take measurements if your not already if your shrinking in size but gaining on the scale it will show in the measurements. The second thing is if your doing the same types of workouts your body may be used to it and it is time to try something new.