New Rules of Lifting For Women

Options
kaperlinger
kaperlinger Posts: 66 Member
Has anyone personally followed this book recently? I see it was published in 2008. It has great reviews but nothing within the last year. I want to start incorporating lifting into my workouts instead of cardio only, this book looks like a good place to start, but I don't want to buy something outdated if it's not going to get me results. Thanks for the feedback.

Replies

• kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Everyone in the group is following the book. Well, I guess not everyone, they could be old members that don't currently post. It's a great program.
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say 2008 is outdated, I mean heck, in the science world we still rely on some info from the 90s or before!

I think it's a GREAT tool to start getting into a lifting routine. I feel stronger, can tell through my charts that I am progressing and I have seen some minor changes (I'm only on Stage 3). I also try and stick as closely as I can to the recommended diet. The book is an inexpensive purchase so you will never know until you try!
  • kaperlinger
    kaperlinger Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    The information may not be but the reviews were from 2008 mostly. Nothing in 2012 or 2013 really. I just went to Barnes and Noble and selected the pick up option. Can't wait to check it out. Thanks for your feedback.
  • twinsmom7602
    twinsmom7602 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I asked about this book in the fitness forum. Great reviews, many happy women! I bought it on the nook last night. :) Looking forward to reading it tonight! Will start the program on April 1st. :)
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    Yup all of us here are following it or did at one time or another. Some have moved on the New Rules Supercharged. The book is great, the information is helpful :) great intro to weights.