What's on the menu?

Options
DragonflyF15
DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
I found for me that planning ahead seems to really help me stay within calorie goals, even if I don't always stick with it, I have at least a guide line.

Breakfast: Apple, Blueberry, Banana, and Kale smoothie with coconut water and flax seed.
Lunch: Spinach salad with balsamic vinegar. Hard boiled egg.
Dinner: Eating light cause we care going to an Irish/German restaurant this evening and I plan to have the
Schnitzel & Spaetzle: Two break pork cutlets served in a white wine sauce, spaetzle is a german dumpling – pasta dumpling also comes with sauté green beans with bacon and onions. One stout.

Warning, I already know this weekend will have some unhealthy high calorie and sodium choices with it being St Patty's weekend. However I will watch portion sizes and try to add in fruits and veggies for my other meals. I've eaten fairly clean all this week and will be back on track Monday!

So, what are you planning to eat? :)

Replies

• FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Oatmeal
    Lunch: Turkey sandwhich, yogurt, salad, clementine
    Dinner: Turkey chili & butter bread
    Snack: Eggs

This weekend is going to be easy for me cause I have plans to keep me busy so I don't eat all day like usual. Can't wait!
  • emlenz817
    emlenz817 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I made a great chili for lunch today:
    1 bag of frozen shrimp
    1 can of Great Northern Beans
    1 can of Italian Tomatoes, diced
    1 bag of spinach.
    I seasoned with garlic salt and cajun seasoning-- and it was really delicious! I think it will last me three meals, and I calculated about 240 calories per serving. It's high in protein, and really filling!
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: cereal and milk, nutrition shake
    Lunch: Large salad with grilled chicken, cheese, and barbecue ranch dressing
    Dinner: Gluten free patty melt with 90% lean ground beef, grilled onions, cheese, and barbecue ranch
    Snacks: apple with PB
  • karrianne32
    karrianne32 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Although I'd planned venison sausages, mashed potato, swede and carrots for dinner, I didn't plan anything for the rest of the day.
    I have eaten loads of ket today :-(
  • 1tiamat
    1tiamat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I made a great chili for lunch today:
    1 bag of frozen shrimp
    1 can of Great Northern Beans
    1 can of Italian Tomatoes, diced
    1 bag of spinach.
    I seasoned with garlic salt and cajun seasoning-- and it was really delicious! I think it will last me three meals, and I calculated about 240 calories per serving. It's high in protein, and really filling!

That sound really good. I'll have to try that this weekend :)

I'm not the best at planning my meals for the day. I usually have supper planned out. I'll work on that

Anyone that wants to take a quick look at what I ate and exercise feel free to look at my diary, its visible to all.. (helps me keep myself accountable)
  • DragonflyF15
    Options
    Alright, it's the weekend and I know most of us usually get a bit lax. Even more difficult is it's a holiday weekend (for us Irish or wannabe Irish folks) and I had a funeral with luncheon afterwards today.

So today, Saturday I had my big lunch, two glasses of wine and will have two Irish stouts tonight with friends. Probably just do a light smoothie of bananas, oranges, blueberries and kale before heading out.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and if off the track a bit, it's all good in moderation from time to time. :)
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I did great all day (300 cal breakfast and 200 cal lunch) and then we went out to dinner. Turkish place, usually I get the pide which is a giant thing of bread and cheese, but I opted for the eggplant and beef kabob. Delicious! Came with veggies too, and only a little slice of bread. I go to look up beef kabobs on MFP (it's always an estimate since I dont know exactly how much what I ate is) but the beef alone comes to about 800 cals! Good thing I took an hour walk today, I'm only about 100 over my cals tonight. But man, it was goooood.
  • Gracie430
    Gracie430 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I did great all day (300 cal breakfast and 200 cal lunch) and then we went out to dinner. Turkish place, usually I get the pide which is a giant thing of bread and cheese, but I opted for the eggplant and beef kabob. Delicious! Came with veggies too, and only a little slice of bread. I go to look up beef kabobs on MFP (it's always an estimate since I dont know exactly how much what I ate is) but the beef alone comes to about 800 cals! Good thing I took an hour walk today, I'm only about 100 over my cals tonight. But man, it was goooood.

Hey, I think you did great. You thought about your food choice; you posted it; and when you discovered you went over in calories, you worked out to minimize any damage. To me, all that adds up to "SUCCESS." Now, back to the "straight and narrow." LOL One day might detour you a little, but it won't knock you off track.
  • OopsGrace
    OopsGrace Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had a delicious breakfast today of lightly toasted rye bread with one ounce of goat cheese, smoked turkey breast topped with sliced tomatoes and fresh cilantro. YUM!! For lunch I'm going to have leftover mesquite grilled chicken breast that I made for dinner last night with a green salad. I'm attempting another outdoor run today (its even colder than yesterday though only 18 degrees!) so I'll probably have a protein shake when I get in from the run (hopefully 3.5 miles- 5k-but that might be a bit ambitious for only my second run).
    Tonight I am going out to dinner with my younger cousin who has been pressuring me to go out with her for St. Patty's Day. I put my foot down and said I would go to dinner with her but NOT to a bar! I indulged in a bit of wine last night and want to keep alcohol intake to ONCE a week (if that). So, I said I would go to the Cheesecake Factory after reading about their "Skinnylicious" menu and have already decided on a dinner of rare Ahi Tuna steak and an edamame appetizer. She better not try to pull a fast one and switch venues or I will no longer go out with her for meals.
    I'm feeling pretty strong today and may give "Hip Hop Abs" a try or "10 minute Trainer Abs" after my run!!! YIPPPPPEEEEEEEE!!!
  • DragonflyF15
    Options
    I do that pre-planning too when eating out. Occasionally if plans change, I try to use my phone app, but sometimes I just have to wing it. Today saving my appetite for corn beef and cabbage, will be drinking lots of water tomorrow to balance out all that sodium!

Great job guys, esp for the weekend!
  • emlenz817
    emlenz817 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think I just scraped by on my calorie allowance for the day.
    Breakfast: whole wheat toast, one egg, three slices of turkey bacon, one apple
    Lunch: steamed carrots, and some chicken-stuffing casserole of my grandma's- unfortunately, I completely had to estimate on calorie consumption there, which was hard!
    Dinner: Leftover Shrimp-white bean chile and a salad with strawberries and feta. (Delish!)
    Dessert: Weight Watchers has a great dark chocolate raspberry cheesecake bar for about 110 calories.

!
  • DragonflyF15
    Options
    Started today off with a banana/orange kale smoothie with coconut water and flax seed. Had leftover corned beef and cabbage for lunch. Snacked on half an apple crumb muffin from Costco (I have to remember to eat before I go there, came out with a few not so healthy treats!) Logged the calories and egads! One of those muffins is almost 700 calories! Good thing I only ate half. Gave two away to neighbors, gave two to my folks, chucked one out to the critters and shared the other half. Had to get rid of that stuff...too tempting!

Anyways, so with that, dinner will be rotisserie chicken salad on a pretzel slider bun with a big salad of just veggies and a sprinkle of balsamic vinegar. No cheese, nuts or any fruits added...got plenty of calories and carbs in for the day. Darn muffin!
  • one15ts
    one15ts Posts: 91
    Options
    tofu, bean thread, broccoli and a fruit everyday i don't know how many calories it is. :blushing: i figure as long as i lose, then i'll keep eating the same amount.
  • DragonflyF15
    Options
    IF day. Later will be having blueberry banana spinach smoothie with protein powder, flax seed and coconut water. Snack will be Activia yogurt and dinner having some Trader Joe's Indian fare dishes with basmati rice and naan. If I stick to the plan I should nail it :) Trying to keep the sodium lower today since I had way more than my fair share Sunday and leftovers on Monday!