Whole30-Starting Sunday 3/17/13

Options
Hi! I am in major need of a kick in the butt with my eating habits. I successfully lost 45 pounds since last June, but have abandoned most my healthy eating habits the past month and have suffered from terrible stomach aches, acne and rashes since. I am running my first half marathon tomorrow and starting my first Whole30 on Sunday.

I welcome anyone that would like to join me in the next 30 (or more) days to add me as a friend, or we can provide support on this board!

I am so looking forward to my body feeling better!

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    i'm doing an on going whole life challenge which is essentially the whole30 + 7 hours of sleep + daily stretching + water drinking + supplement taking...I'd love to suppport you since my challenge ends about when yours does!
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I'm in my second week.
  • PicklePlum
    PicklePlum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    17th Day!!
  • kerrylee54
    Options
    Best of luck to you - I am on Day 27 and have learned so much on this journey!
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    16th day...and loving it!!
  • tantinah
    tantinah Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    on day 12 today - it feels great :) also not as hard as I thought it would be.
  • Christie0428
    Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hi There, I'm on day 12 too if you want to add me you can. I agree, once you decide to do it, it is not as hard as I thought it would be. The hardest thing is really being vigilant about reading packages (not that you'll be eating food from many packages) and if you go out to eat really asking questions and advocating for your choices. resturants sneak dairy (butter) and sugar in to a LOT.
  • Christie0428
    Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    ...and soybean oil ... that seems to be in a BUNCH of stuff!
  • AuntieKT
    AuntieKT Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request, and I think I am going to join you on Sunday!
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    justaspoonfulofsugar Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Day 15 here of my second whole 30..feel free to add me and good luck,u will be SO glad you did it!!!
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    justaspoonfulofsugar Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    ...and soybean oil ... that seems to be in a BUNCH of stuff!
    Speaking of soybean oil,I had to buy a vitamin d supplement while I was waiting for mine to arrive and looked at the label and the d is in soybean oil!I was shocked..
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Im in! Starting tomorrow. I will send you a friend request
  • msb803
    msb803 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm on Day 18 of the Whole30, and I can definitely see a big difference. My husband and I were eating Primal before, but our version of Primal included way too much dairy, red wine, and chocolate. I needed a kick in the butt to jumpstart my healthy eating again. Feel free to add me if you'd like - I plan on continuing this, hopefully through April, although I might have to take a few days off when I travel over Spring Break.
  • junebaby7
    Options
    I started yesterday too! I am doing Paleo minus the fruit for now. I have a systemic yeast problem and so I am trying to starve the yeast of the sugar they so dearly love. Good luck on your Paleo adventure!
  • sb4480
    sb4480 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'd love to do the Whole30 challenge and I think I'm already doing it for the most part. Over the last two weeks I've systematically cut out grains and potatoes, dairy, caffeine, sugar (including most fruit, though I do eat berries), and artificial everything. I've had a few slip-ups or purposeful cheats (like Saturday when my bf made amazing gf mac and cheese). It's amazing to see how quickly my body responded to no dairy and grain. I have celiacs, so I knew wheat, rye, barley, and gluten were a no no, but even corn and rice bother me right now. And dairy just about cripples me. The night I ate that mac and cheese I promptly fell asleep (practically comatose) and woke up the next day feeling hungover. As much as I love cheese and pasta, it's just not worth it to feel that way.

So this all started because I've gained almost 15 lbs since Christmas just by eating "normally" and gf. I want to get back down to where I was before Christmas (abt 130lbs).

I do intend on adding back sweet potatoes and fruit other than fresh berries, but I feel like I need to go really hard core to break the sugar habit I have. It's been a week and I'm STILL having killer sugar cravings.

I'd love to link up with all of you!
  • Mellamina
    Mellamina Posts: 17
    Options
    I am in the same boat, i have the exercise thing down but my weight won't budge because my eating habits are still sub par. I would love to join you in this!
  • sirphilipe
    sirphilipe Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have been doing the whole30 for 20 days now. I am 6.2kgs or 14 pounds lighter, and have tonnes of energy and my sense of smell has increased.

I am looking forward to returning to Milk in coffee so I can resume having Latte's. But we plan going forward to do 100% Paleo 80% of the time...

We realised that just because we are doing Paleo doesn't mean things have to be boring, most home made currys, esprecially Thai ones, are only spices meat, veggies and coconut milk/cream. All 100% Whole30 approved stuff. And yum! You just do them more Stew/soup like, or with Cauliflower Rice. I could eat that type of meal, or Lamb roasts all the time...
  • sirphilipe
    sirphilipe Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    How are people going?

I am now on day 27 and am 7.9kgs down. I am so happy with doing the Whole30. We plan on keeping going except 1 celebratory meal.

My wife and I are also doing crossfit 3-4 days a week.
  • yummy_
    yummy_ Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Day 24 of Whole30!

My diary is open in case it helps to see some food ideas.
    There was a tough couple days around the 2 week mark, but since then I've felt absolutely fantastic.
  • hertiara
    hertiara Posts: 2
    Options
    I finished my first Whole30 last Thursday. My ticker says I lost 8, but I actually lost 13.5 (I had hit a new high before starting, sadly). I love it, I love how I lost my "grain gut" and I am going to stick with it. I added a few items with dairy since and my stomach doesn't seem to like it too much. I missed my creamer in coffee! I am going to keep going with no grain, legumes, sweetener and MOST dairy.
    Dairy and soy were the hardest part, as noted above. Those ingredients are in everything!