Day 15 - prisoner siff squat

Options
messy_Missy16
messy_Missy16 Posts: 349 Member
Good Morning Everyone!!!!!!!!!!! So the squat of the day is the prisoner siff squat

Here's a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bGAx88Rjpw

Couldn't find a proper pic so go look at the video for proper form

Remember it's 140 today So Happy squatting!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• atuchon
    atuchon Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Finished! I really liked these ones. I could feel it in my thighs and my calves too! I did 70 of these and 70 regular :)
  • Bexiblueberry
    Bexiblueberry Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    did 140 normal squats
  • marielaem
    marielaem Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Half sumo, half split - done.
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    140 done! Excited about a break day tomorrow~
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've always avoided the "asp to the grass" type of squat because of fear of hurting my old lady knees (I'm fast approaching 52). But I watched the video last night and practiced a few with my husband checking my form. No knee soreness this morning and he said my form was good, so ...

140 prisoner siff squats done this morning.

I did small sets (35, 20, 20, 20, 20, 25) with short breaks to assess how my knees were feeling. Knees didn't feel anything. The quads were a different story. The quads felt it.

Sweet, now I have a new type of squat for my arsenal. :love:
  • MeLiving
    MeLiving Posts: 11
    Options
    140 prisoner siff squats done! I really liked this one. Felt it in the thighs and calves.
  • messy_Missy16
    messy_Missy16 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I've always avoided the "asp to the grass" type of squat because of fear of hurting my old lady knees (I'm fast approaching 52). But I watched the video last night and practiced a few with my husband checking my form. No knee soreness this morning and he said my form was good, so ...

140 prisoner siff squats done this morning.

I did small sets (35, 20, 20, 20, 20, 25) with short breaks to assess how my knees were feeling. Knees didn't feel anything. The quads were a different story. The quads felt it.

Sweet, now I have a new type of squat for my arsenal. :love:

Good job!!

Usually people say they feel it in their knees so they can't do it but it all depends on if you have proper form or not. Some may think they're doing it right but aren't. Good idea to have someone look at you to make sure or do like me and record yourself (i use my computer btw ) :)
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Done + abs + cardio!!!
  • murphoo
    murphoo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Catching up. Did 275 today for yesterday and today
  • pjgreen0830
    pjgreen0830 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I did regular squats. I have really bad knees. I am 55 and need to be careful. I can't take chances doing different squats without my trainer assisting to ensure I do them correctly.
  • Smorsb
    Smorsb Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Completed and very sore from it!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    140 prisoner squats done!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Done and not as sore as I thought I would be. But we will see in the morning!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Done! 140 prisoner siff squats
  • NeverTooLateForChange
    NeverTooLateForChange Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Did 112 and then I could no longer bend. I wil do the remaining 28 on Sat.
  • RayR13
    RayR13 Posts: 31
    Options
    just feeling tired and no energy, possibly cathcing the bug thats going around our office but i did half yesterday, and doing rest today! will be done!
  • smexime
    smexime Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Loved these squats. feeling it in my calves and thighs :huh:
  • elissawalther
    elissawalther Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Whew! 140 Prisoner Siff Squats done!!! These hurt my feet more than anything, but that doesn't mean I won't be sore in the morning, probably. Definitely MUCH easier than the pistol squats.
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Because of broken baby toe (same one--twice), I didn't feel comfortable doing these even with a straight back. Funny, I can stand up on my toes during Zumba, but that's when I'm wearing shoes. But I does these barefoot and I just can't go up on my toes barefoot.

140 regular squats done with 8 pound weights in each hand. 6 sets of 20.
  • deisha
    deisha Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Completed!