Just ordered Zumba

Prizm55
Prizm55 Posts: 39 Member
I just ordered Zumba. I do better working out at home. It is coming tomorrow so I am excited to start tomorrow. I am sure I will look like a retarded chicken at first. But, here goes!

Replies

• 1ocean1girl
    1ocean1girl Posts: 197 Member
    I got zumba exhilarate for x-mas and its AMAZING!!! Alot of the music is from the classes I use to take at the gym ( had to stop due to mommyhood, work and school schedule) The videos are easy to follow for beginners or you can play the "activate" version if you're a zumba veteran. You're gonna have so much fun:wink:
  • carenjd
    carenjd Posts: 40 Member
    I love Zumba. After you do it the first time or so, you will get the moves down and its a lot easier. Just make sure no one is around the first time you do it! :p

I need to get the Exhilerate set - I'm using the older ones and they are getting ollllld and annoying.

I think Berto might be on crack. Like, seriously.
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    I got the Zumba dvd’s in January. I have been slack during this last month though but I LOVE it. I have noticed I am not very coordinated though. I do find the workout really good and I’m usually sweating buckets by the time I’m done. I’ve noticed that I every time I do the video, I get better, its like my understanding of the moves is better and I’m not tripping over my feet as much and my feet know where to go. The only draw back I have is our basement has plush carpet and its hard to do some moves, should I be putting a board or something down to make it easier?
  • I love the zumba dvd's. Mix is my favorite, so much fun. When I first bought them a year ago I lost 9 pounds in the first week and alot of inches. I'm hoping this time around is the same way. good luck everyone and have fun dancing. :happy:
  • babynun
    babynun Posts: 120 Member
    I've been doing the Zumba Fitness core on the Xbox Kinect and it's immediate satisfaction when you're matching the moves and scoring well. It keeps me motivated.

**There's a great site I use to get an accurate calorie count after my Zumba workouts:

http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,747 Member
    Just picked up Zumba Exhilarate from Bed, Bath and Beyond! Will be starting this challenge tomorrow...doing my 30th day of 30 Day Shred tonight! Then I'll be doing a Happy Dance! Then I'll be really tired!!! :tongue:

babynun, thanks for the info on calorie count. I'm going to have a look-see. It always seems to be a question.

Have fun everyone!

Chris
  • Your gonna love it.