Stats after 1 month, Should I cut some cals?

Options
xMonroeMisfit
xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
Hello, please keep in mind i have knee injury and changed to a new gym in the middle of this so i had to make due with the exercises, some are exercises i do in place of things like :lunges, cable row etc.

Ok here are my weight and measurement stats after one month:

Neck 14"/13.8"
Chest 41"/41.75"
Hips 46.5" /45.0"
Waist 43.25"/43.5"
Under Bust 37"/37.8"
Thigh 22.5" /23"
Arm 13.2 /14"
Body Fat % 38.5 (Scale) 55.4% (Fat2Fit Military) /38.6(Scale) 54.4%(Fat2FiT)
Weight 167/170.6

Neck: -0.2"
Chest: +0.75"
Hips: -1.5"
Waist: +0.25
Under Bust: +0.8
Thigh: +0.5
Arm: +0.75
BF: Scale: +0.01 (non reliable but i take anyway)
BF: Fat2Fit: -1.0%
Weight: +3.6 lbs

Is this normal? Should i change something? Am i doing this right?

Weights:
Warm up- 10 mins elliptical
Squats - 10lbs START 65lbs END
One Point DB Row: 8lbs START 20lbs END
Calf Raise: 10lbs START 20lbs END
Plank: 10 secs START 20 secs END
Dead lift 10lbs START 60lbs END
Shoulder press 10lbs START 15lbs END
Lateral pulldown 40lbs START 55lbs END

Big improvements weights wise.

Advice/Input? Etc....

Replies

• xMonroeMisfit
    Options
    bump
  • berthabunny
    berthabunny Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I saw this in the EM2WL forums as well, good idea to post here.
    I can't help you really, but I have been EM2WL (starting NROL4W Monday) since mid-January and despite not seeing a change in inches or on the scale, I can feel I am stronger and I think I look leaner.
    Did you try taking pictures?
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Am I blind, but does it say how much you're eating? Where'd you get those calorie numbers from?
  • acloern1985
    acloern1985 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Are you near your goal weight?
  • xMonroeMisfit
    Options
    I'm eating according to the formula in the book, i am 59 inches, 170.6 lbs (Now because i gained) and mostly sedentary...i have a desk job. I work out 3 days a week doing NROLFW. I eat 2,010 calories on days i am not working out and 2,278 on days i do workout. For the most part, my macros are pretty spot on.
  • xMonroeMisfit
    Options
    How tall are you? Are you near your goal weight?

No, not near goal weight. TBH i dont have a goal weight anymore because i got down to what i thought i wanted to weigh and looked worse than what i do now that i am lifting heavier weights.
  • acloern1985
    acloern1985 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 64 inches and 168 pounds and my calories are 2000 on workout days and 1700 on off days.

Did the amount of weight you were lifting seem hard or difficult? Or could you lift heavier if you tried?
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I've figured out my calories using the IPOARM formula, scooby calculator and calorie formula from the book to see what they all said. I found the book to be the highest of the three. I've piddled with my intake since last October when I started. It's currently about 200 less on rest days and workout days each, than the book recommends. That's what is working for me best. I'm pretty much at goal weight, btw, 5'7, 137ish pounds. I eat 1900 on non lifting days and 2200 lifting days, I do some other sort of exercise 2-4 days of the week too, a video or HIIT cardio on my elliptical. I personally feel like if you have weight to lose, the book calories are a little too high, just my opinion from personal experience. Good luck, if you're not happy, tweak things, decrease by a hundred or so, see how you feel and your results after the next stage is over.
  • xMonroeMisfit
    Options
    I'm 64 inches and 168 pounds and my calories are 2000 on workout days and 1700 on off days.

Did the amount of weight you were lifting seem hard or difficult? Or could you lift heavier if you tried?

seems like i am lifting either just about right or can go a bit harder. My workouts are fueled amazingly, mostly because for years i was starving myself on WW eating about 900-1100 calories a day.
  • xMonroeMisfit
    Options
    I've figured out my calories using the IPOARM formula, scooby calculator and calorie formula from the book to see what they all said. I found the book to be the highest of the three. I've piddled with my intake since last October when I started. It's currently about 200 less on rest days and workout days each, than the book recommends. That's what is working for me best. I'm pretty much at goal weight, btw, 5'7, 137ish pounds. I eat 1900 on non lifting days and 2200 lifting days, I do some other sort of exercise 2-4 days of the week too, a video or HIIT cardio on my elliptical. I personally feel like if you have weight to lose, the book calories are a little too high, just my opinion from personal experience. Good luck, if you're not happy, tweak things, decrease by a hundred or so, see how you feel and your results after the next stage is over.

yes, im guessing i just need to find the numbers that work for me.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    So your goal is to lose fat? Are you eating at mantenence or at the 300 cal deficit per the book?

I would go by the change in the military body fat calculator over the scale BF%. It was the most consistent with the changes that I have seen compared with my calipers.
  • xMonroeMisfit
    Options
    So your goal is to lose fat? Are you eating at mantenence or at the 300 cal deficit per the book?

I would go by the change in the military body fat calculator over the scale BF%. It was the most consistent with the changes that I have seen compared with my calipers.

correct, my goal is to lose fat. I'm eating at Maintenance per the book. It says to eat at Maintenance for 4 weeks to make sure that is actually my maintenance and then cut calories. What it doesnt say is what to do if it isnt your Maintenance.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Sounds like its your maintenance or very close. Personally I would probably cut cals by a few hundred a day and see how that works for a month.
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Sounds like its your maintenance or very close. Personally I would probably cut cals by a few hundred a day and see how that works for a month.

actually, if you are gaining, you might be over maintenance. I agree with the advice to gradually cut calories.