3 month plateau

Options
1.) 5'6", 158 pounds, 13 years old. Measurements are : 36-28-38.
2.) From September - December it was 1,430 calories. Then, from December - beginning of March it was 1,200 calories. (This was when the plateau started) Its 1,400-1,500 now.
3.) Protein: ranging from 45-60 grams. Carbs: ranging from 150-170 grams. Fat: from 30-45 grams.
4.) Yes. I bought a scale from eBay and have been using it. I measure everything too.
5.) Well ever since I started my weight loss I never calculated on the weekends. But I calculate everything, yes. Though I don't calculate EVERYDAY. Its horrible. But on those days I usually just eat what I ate the day before and I know appx. how much calories and what not.
6.) I have the weekends off. The only times I cheat otherwise (on the weekdays) is if I'm celebrating or whatever.
7.) I started in September 2012 and I lost 13 pounds since.
8.) I have changed up my routine. It used to be 30 minutes of basketball, 20 minutes on the stationary bike at the gym, and at time I would go on the treedmill at 3 mph say for 20-40 minutes.(September-January) Then, I started to do 30 minutes of Tamille Webb Tighter Assets for abs and arms, 30 minutes of zumba, and just freestyle dancing for 20-30 minutes. (January-March) Now, I do 30 minutes of pilates and a 45 minutes Leslie Sansone 4 mile program and I go for a 30 minute walk outisde. (March 1-16)
9.) This lasted for 3 months now.

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You say you are 13 years old? Is that correct?
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Www.sparkteens.com
  • kukspuks
    kukspuks Posts: 60
    Options

Yes. MyFitnessPal can't go younger than 18.
    My mom gave me permission to use this site.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

I am not trying to be mean here hun, but you really do not need to be worrying about counting calories at your age. Also, this site is not set up for a growing teen and our advice is not tailored for young teens who have different nutritional needs. Stay active and try to stay away from too much junk food - other than that, focus on being healthy.
  • kukspuks
    Options

I am not trying to be mean here hun, but you really do not need to be worrying about counting calories at your age. Also, this site is not set up for a growing teen and our advice is not tailored for young teens who have different nutritional needs. Stay active and try to stay away from too much junk food - other than that, focus on being healthy.

Just like every other teen I'm really self-conscious about my weight :laugh: I was trying to lose 10 extra pounds, but I shouldn't right?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Just like every other teen I'm really self-conscious about my weight :laugh: I was trying to lose 10 extra pounds, but I shouldn't right?

Oh, I totally understand where you are coming from. I had the same thing when I was about your age.What I would suggest is to stop counting calories, focus on limiting the less nutritious foods such as soda, candy and potato chips, incorporate nutritious foods into your diet such as fruits and veggies and be active. Take up a sport/activity. You will find that your weight will manage itself if you just stay healthy.
  • kukspuks
    Options

Oh, I totally understand where you are coming from. I had the same thing when I was about your age.What I would suggest is to stop counting calories, focus on limiting the less nutritious foods such as soda, candy and potato chips, incorporate nutritious foods into your diet such as fruits and veggies and be active. Take up a sport/activity. You will find that your weight will manage itself if you just stay healthy.

I know you get so much question on your discussion board. Thank you for answering so quickly. :) And thanks. I'll take your advice. :D
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Thank you for your response. I am very happy to hear that. Good luck. :smile:

I am locking the thread as part of our administrative process to keep track of active threads as laid out here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/914180-thread-locking-and-intake-follow-ups

Again, good luck and stay healthy. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.