March 17th

Options
Today I got up a little later to do this in the hope it would give me more energy - I was wrong! L2 D6 and still L2 is no easier to me. I can't wait to move on!! It's a little disheartening to be honest as I thought I would feel a bit better about it. I still struggle with the oblique twists and squat thrusts in particular. Cardio kills me!

Anyhow, I'm through it and that's the main thing! 4 more days until L3!

Replies

• SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I hated level 2 during my first round with the Shred. On my second round, it's slowly becoming my favorite!
    Just give yourself time to get stronger.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Okay, I just finished today's workout. It was time for level 1 again and I barely finished. I'm so weak tonight!
    And funny thing, the anterior raises - which usually kill me - were the easiest part.

My back still hurts so badly. I'm seriously considering yoga tomorrow instead of the Shred - stretching usually helps me. This, and a good sleep. Which is impossible with my daughter.
    Also, I "gained" 1kg. So irritating. I know it's mostly fluid but it really didn't make my day.
  • kaekencoffee
    kaekencoffee Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I did it for my Dad today. He turns 82 today! Happy St. Patrick's Day Birthday Dad!!!
  • kaekencoffee
    kaekencoffee Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Okay, I just finished today's workout. It was time for level 1 again and I barely finished. I'm so weak tonight!
    And funny thing, the anterior raises - which usually kill me - were the easiest part.

My back still hurts so badly. I'm seriously considering yoga tomorrow instead of the Shred - stretching usually helps me. This, and a good sleep. Which is impossible with my daughter.
    Also, I "gained" 1kg. So irritating. I know it's mostly fluid but it really didn't make my day.

You're SO not alone! I went back to level 1 today as I'm suffering with the after effects of my cold, hacking my head off!. Anyway, hang in there. This too shall pass like bad gas!!!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Finished Level 2 and on to Level 3 tomorrow. I haven't checked it out yet so I'm not sure what to expect...but it's worth it!
  • Mrsjaybob
    Mrsjaybob Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 9 complete. Made it to the end of the first segment of push ups and three or four into the second round before I had to switch to modified push-ups. I don't get down very far but my strength is improving. Other than that, I've had a really crappy day! Discovered over $500 in fraudulent charges on my bank debit card. Of course, it's Sunday and no one that I need to talk to is open.
  • messy_Missy16
    messy_Missy16 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    3 more days till i start level 3 can't wait. :drinker:
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    3 more days till i start level 3 can't wait. :drinker:

I was to start tomorrow but thought I'd better "preview" it. A couple of challenging new moves, but overall...not bad. And it seemed to go by pretty quick.
  • Naamah18
    Naamah18 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Finished Level 1, Day 10 today, and now on to level 2!!

I've been doing the shred about 5 days a week, so it's going to take me a little longer to get through 30 workouts worth. Hope there will be some other group members here who will still be finishing when this month is over.

Passover is coming up, so that may cut into my workout time a bit in the coming weeks (as I know Easter will for some of you as well). Just trying to stay motivated for the next stage of the shred, hoping to see some changes, and hoping that holiday meals will not lead me to undo everything I've done!
  • marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I didn't finish until later, but I made it. ( sort of)