Week 11--can you see the finish line?

Options
MarlaStuck
MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
Hi Everyone,
Well believe it or not we only have 2 weeks left here. Happy St. Patty's Day. Let's have fun with this week. First of all today....

In honor of St. Patty instead of drinking green beer, let's do something "green" lessen our footprint on mother nature. So.... choose to do a: walk, stairs, run, ski today, play with puppies/dogs counts too (something that could technically replace a drive). Now remember this is in place of beer. If you choose to still honor St Patty with a sip of the green, remember, moderation.

Tip: This has helped me allow myself to "live": I use the 90/10 rule. As long as I have stuck with my dietary plans for 90% then I'm allowed a 10% living allowance. Sometimes I really want a chocolate bar, or a gin and tonic....I am living, not dieting so this rule allows me not to get bogged down in guilt. Hope it works for you too.

I have said it before, and will say it again, Thank you so very much for joining this group, this group has been key to my success. I feel accountable, supported, and most of not alone. Shanaya kicks my butt every week in steps, but I keep striving to catch her, to the point I calculate what I can do on vacation to have a chance at it...:laugh: April is my next crack at beating your record. Jess your continued support and challenges to make lifestyle changes inspire me...I'm trying to help my husband (diabetic, & heart patient) get off of all of the medicines by eating a better diet and exercise...and Jess you really help me to help him. Linda you have the heart of champion. Our children are at the base of everything we do, and my friend you are a hero. Losing weight, getting in shape is sooooooooooooooo difficult if not nearly impossible with that amount of stress, and you have shown us how dedication and perseverance coupled with a huge heart can do it all. You ROCK! Laura I love your puppy pictures, and now you will have a new walking partner. In spite of all the challenges you are making progress to reach your goals--outstanding. Most don't hang with the big dogs (Swiss Mountain Dogs at that) and have to stay on the porch--not you...outstanding my friend. Don't stop after this challenge--and please keep me updated with the cutie Laz. Nancy and Calamity you aren't losing your minds you are adjusting and figuring out what works for you--way to stick with it...you will no doubt be successful! I too have started to fit in my new, old jeans and that is exciting. Tammi thanks for keeping me going with fitbit. I fell into a slump (pretty depressed) and your check ins really helped me come out. I cannot thank you enough for that. I suffer from SAD, and the grey weather does not help. Collie Girl--Please share pictures of your collie, I think pets help in this journey, and diet talk gets boring. Jeme, thanks for hanging with us. How about a picture of you in that cute little black dress you spoke about in one of your posts? I know i have not mentioned everyone, and don't mean to slight anyone. I can't thank this group enough for making it easy for me to have support. I hope we continue to stay connected after next week; and it would be really special if I were able to meet you in my travels. Jess I don't know how close Stratford is to you, but I travel their every year to the plays.

Ok this week....Stay on course....celebrate your victories, start thinking about what that big celebration will be next week. How many of you said my goal will be to stick with this group the whole time? A lot of you, and look....GOAL :drinker:

Take care of you! See you during the week.
Marla

Replies

• lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I can't believe we are in week 11! I'm sitting here at the same weight and a little frustrated, but I have to take responsibility for not being consistant. BUT, thanks to all of you, I stuck around because you all kept me accountable. I have gained and lost the same 3 pounds over the last 11 weeks. Because of this group, I'm not giving up. I love getting online and seeing all of your posts and encouraging messages and Im sure they won't stop after our challenge is over!

I'm still struggling with getting to the gym consistently. Even though I'm trying to get my 8 hours of sleep, the best I can do is 6. This affects me. I also suffer from allergies every day of the year! I wake up every day with clogged nose and watering and burning eyes. I know this affects me too. I hate to go to the doctor but I think I need to get this allergy thing under control as over the counter medicines do nothing for me. I'm tired of being tired. Working from 5:30am - 2pm doesn't help either. It's great to get off at 2pm but it's hell to wake up at 4am! In order to get 8 hours of sleep I would have to be in bed sleeping by 8pm! I just can't do that. I have an interview on Friday for a job in our Human Resources department and I feel that I have a great chance at getting this job. Not only will it be a little more money, it would be normal business hours! That would solve part of my problems.

I digress! My point is that being a part of this group and discussing what's been going on each week has really helped me to evalluate what I need to work on.

The journey continues and I'm glad that you all have joined me along the way. Let's keep moving and communicating!

Happy St. Patrics Day!
  • Buglindsey1979
    Buglindsey1979 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can't believe that it has been 11 weeks already. I really have appreciated all the support and challenges from this group. I probably would have quit after my first shark week without it...and I would have never gotten my fitbit! Thank you all!

I am sad to say that I am only 2/3 of my way to my goal, but I have enough in me for one more final push.

Happy St. Patrick's day to everyone and have a great week!

Lindsey
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    JessicaLynnDouglas Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that were in our 11th week and it's almost over, kind of sad. At the same time I know that we have all made strides and will continue to do so with the new friends (MFP) that we have met.

Awww thanks Marla, that's so nice of you! I'm happy to hear that I have been helping others along the way to trying to make my way to being gluten free!

I know thay my body has changed a lot, but as for my weight it has stayed the same this entre time (with the bumping around). I look and feel MUCH healtheir though and I will continue to push on and make progress.

Have a great week everyone, keep it up!

Jess
  • laura920
    laura920 Posts: 52
    Options
    Hi group,

Well, I bailed last week! I should have taken a few minutes to check in but I let stress get the best of me! Work is awful and I spent my nights online applying to new jobs and submitting resumes.

At any rate, I didn't undo any of my work but didn't make any headway. I'll count that as something to celebrate!

Thanks to a check in from Marla I snapped back into reality! Because of her check in I got off my butt and did Week 1, day 1 of couch to 5k! I am happy I did. I felt so much better after I did!

I am going to repeat the same feelings, this group has been great, I appreciate everyone's support!

Marla, I love the 90/10 rule! This is a life change not a fad diet, we have to continue to live and work through our stresses and celebrate our success! Marla, I saw those new jeans on facebook! Woot-woot!

I am looking forward to continuing c25k so I will be ready for the color run in July! Laz is growing by leaps and bounds but won't be ready for a good walk for a while, in the mean time Remy & Senna will continue to be my walking partners!

I hope we all stay to support each other after our time is done!

Have a great week!