Cutting and bulking cycles to my goal...Suggestions please.

Options
FUELERDUDE
FUELERDUDE Posts: 150 Member
I'll start out with I am a 36 year old 6'male who started out at 240 lbs and 28.3% boday fat. I am at 220lbs and 25.0 % body fat as of right now (Body fat % is based off of what my scales states.). As of right now, my goal is to get down to 13% body fat and have a muscular physique and be around 175 lbs.

I am currently doing cardio (running) 5 days a week, as well as performing stronglifts (Just done with week 2). My cardio isn't at a great level, but it is much improved (I'd like to be able to run 6 miles without feeling like I"m going to collapse when done). With stronglifts, I am still getting my form down.

At what points would it be recomended for me to go from cutting to bulking? Should I set a certain weight of bf% to switch between the 2 or some other metric. I am worried if I just cut all the way down to 175 without any bulking cycles thrown in that I will wind up skinny with loose skin and little muscle tone with the exception being my legs (They're more toned and seem bigger now). I know it'll take longer to get to my goal weight if I were to go in cycles, but I know I'll be happier if with the end results if I do.

What are some of your suggestions?

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I'd just keep an eye on things as you lean out. You could run into a situation where you don't have quite enough LBM to make further cutting a good idea.

Initially I'd suggest that you revisit the idea somewhere in the 190-195lb range.

This doesn't mean that you'd bulk at 190-195, it means that you'll have a better idea as to what course of action to take at that weight, vs now.
  • FUELERDUDE
    FUELERDUDE Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the response, and that is what I will do.
This discussion has been closed.