I'm actually losing wieght anyone else?

Options
leann74016
leann74016 Posts: 242 Member
I have read that some of ya'll doing the 30 day shred have gained and I know thats no fun to see. I actually hadn't lost anything until this week. I was actually very shocked to see I had lost any weight let alone the amount of weight that I had lost. I went from 186.2 up to 187 and then this morning I weighed again and I am down to 182.6!!! I am so happy to see the scale going down. The only thing I am doing is eating 1600 caloroies a day and I eat back exercise calories if I'm hungry along with doing the workouts atleast 6 days a week. I am also a pre-school teacher at a daycare so I walk a lot at work too. I have gone over my calories a few times since starting the 30 day shred but I try not to. I am just excited to see changes! My husband tells me he can see a huge difference in my stomach too. I do have measurements but just wanted to share my scale victory today :)

Replies

• Naamah18
    Naamah18 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Awesome, way to go!

I haven't seen any change in my scale weight, but at least it's been staying pretty much exactly the same. Before starting the shred it was typical for me to fluctuate all over the place.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Yes, after pretty much being stuck for 8 month around the same weight (+ or - 3 lbs.), I decided to try the shred and even add in a few more calories (it sure seems counter-intuitive)...and all of a sudden I've started to drop more weight...down 4 lbs. I'm ok with where I'm at, weight-wise, but want to tone up more. (However, losing another 10 lbs. would sure be nice, too!)
  • marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    A little, but nothing like you. And not until this week! Congrats on your success!
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Really pleased to see that some of you are losing. And I'm finding this group so supportive in general, it's really keeping me going. Hopefully I will catch up with the weight loss after the initial few weeks worth of water gain!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you! I'm not having much success so far, at least not on the scale. But I know the photos will shock me like they did the first time. At least I'm counting on that ;)
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    That's great! I seem to be gaining both weight and inches... But am way more toned so meh. I'm happy!
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I gained half a pound last week. (My first week doing the shred). I have been beating myself up over it. Maybe this week will be different.
  • AllergicToExercise
    Options
    Today I'm 18 days into the Shred and my weight is 3lbs UP from when I started which is pretty naff. Despite eating at a level to create a 0.5-1lb loss per week.

It's not going to make me give up on the Shred but it is disheartening all the same. :angry:
  • Soybeaner
    Soybeaner Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have not lost any weight but lost an entire INCH off my hips and 1/2 inch off my belly pooch (right above csection scar). I am calling both of those a huge win. I measured my hips three times this morning just to verify the results:)
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I have not lost any weight at all. That part stinks. I have to have lost inches (I didn't measure before) though as my waist is much smaller and my tummy is more toned than ever. I put on a skirt this morning that used to cut into my sides and it was 2 inches too big at the waist. I changed into a dress and couldn't find a belt for the waistline as they were all loose. I suppose that is good news. It would be nice to lose a lb. or 2 though.
  • btay1564
    btay1564 Posts: 23
    Options
    I've lost 7 lbs as of this morning since I started 30DS, but I've been putting that down to cutting waaaaay back on the amount of alcohol I drink (I used to have a bit of wine every night but now I'm keeping it to just weekends). However, I know I've lost a few inches as well. My fat pants were fitting pretty comfortably when I started but now they are swishing around at the waist again. I can't believe the results you can get from just 20 minutes of working out! Who'd a thunk it?
  • retiree2006
    Options
    Ditto on the clothing. I'd kept some clothes that still fit "ok", but last night bagged them up for donation. When I tried them on again they were just plain baggy. Not sure 30 DS was the total cause, but it sure didn't hurt! :smile:
  • Mrsjaybob
    Mrsjaybob Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have lost 3 pounds in the past week! I am on day 22 (level 3 dY 2). Things were pretty slow to come off prior to this week. Keep going folks!
  • retiree2006
    Options
    I have lost 3 pounds in the past week! I am on day 22 (level 3 dY 2). Things were pretty slow to come off prior to this week. Keep going folks!

Great loss! It seemed to do the same for me. It took a couple weeks then the number began to drop. See...it's really worth it after all! :laugh:
  • AllergicToExercise
    Options
    Well done with the weight loss ladies! Must be spurring you on seeing the numbers dropping. ????

Still none for me yet and I'm on the last day on Monday! I reckon once I work in rest days maybe my poor muscles will release the water. At least that's what I keep telling myself. ????