5 days in!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• karrianne32
    karrianne32 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    2 bad days in 5 isn't a great start!
    I need to start exercising again, but have found I probably did too much yesterday (just general cleaning and cooking) and hurt last night and this am (had emergency gallbladder surgery 16 days ago)
    My husband has flu and can't be bothered walking with me round town and I don't usually go out lone :-/
    Fingers crossed weigh-in isn't too demoralising tomorrow
    Karen
  • 668Janet
    668Janet Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Can't believe it but I managed to stay on target with my calorie intake over the weekend. Tracked everything in our picnic before we left so couldn't eat anything extra. Did avoid all alcohol over the weekend, not just for my calorie intake but am off the cigs nearly 2 months now and don't want to jeopardize that either.

Only managed to exercise twice this week but definitely think tracking is a big help to me. Have even started tracking my spending at the same time to get the finances under control too!! :-P

Looking forward to the scales tomorrow morning. Hoping they give me a good result and if not as much as I hoped onwards and upwards. This is hopefully the start of a long term change all round for me!

Keep up the great work everyone!! (",)
  • Gracie430
    Gracie430 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am really looking forward to weigh in tomorrow! I've had a good week. Even the weekend! Super for me. It's been a long time since I've been able to string together this many good days. I think I'm finally on the right track to stay. It gets very frustrating to have 4 or 5 good days and then messing it all up. I do believe knowing that the weigh in was just around the corner has kept me motivated.

I've even been increasing my water intake. Another thing that has been hard for me.

Thanks for the motivation! Don't know if I could have done it without you all.

See you tomorrow at weigh in. Good luck!
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I thought I was plateauing and then I weighed myself this morning and lost 1.6 lbs! YAY! Can't wait to see if I hit my 2lb. goal for the week tomorrow! (:
  • nightdragon70
    nightdragon70 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone... just checking in along with the rest of you.

A little nervous about weigh in tomorrow honestly.. My daughter was in town this weekend, so ended up eating out a couple times.

nothing too major calorie wise, but I guess a lot of sodium.. Chinese food will do that to you :)

I gained a ton of water weight.. at least I'm assuming it's water weight, because no way scale would jump 6 lbs overnight. LOL

Been drinking extra water, etc and it's all dropping off.. Thinking I will just break even tomorrow.. but hey.. watch out.. that means next week it will just all melt away !
  • LeighAnna115
    Options
    They have the original Zumba creator DVD's out, but most people these days take it as a class in a gym/studio. The interaction with others just makes it fun and half the time I'm laughing with my friends that we kinda forget it's a workout..kinda :)

I definitely agree. Zumba is incredibly fun and a totally different experience in class form than with a DVD. I'm actually a Zumba instructor so I do a lot of Zumba, lol. It's a great calorie burn.

As for my weight loss this week I'm not expecting much of anything :cry: Yesterday began my TOM and the scale shot up 2 lbs. I know this is normal but it is still disheartening. Also didn't eat very well yesterday post weigh in. Grrrr. I am very determined to make today a great day nutritionally. Hope everyone is doing well!
  • 1tiamat
    1tiamat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    They have the original Zumba creator DVD's out, but most people these days take it as a class in a gym/studio. The interaction with others just makes it fun and half the time I'm laughing with my friends that we kinda forget it's a workout..kinda :)

I definitely agree. Zumba is incredibly fun and a totally different experience in class form than with a DVD. I'm actually a Zumba instructor so I do a lot of Zumba, lol. It's a great calorie burn.

As for my weight loss this week I'm not expecting much of anything :cry: Yesterday began my TOM and the scale shot up 2 lbs. I know this is normal but it is still disheartening. Also didn't eat very well yesterday post weigh in. Grrrr. I am very determined to make today a great day nutritionally. Hope everyone is doing well!

Thanks for the tips girls I'll have to see if a Zumba class won't interfere with my martial arts classes. Ironically a local Zumba class is held by the wife of my master instructor for my martial arts classes. I guess I'll check it out and give it a try.

On a note today, I was getting a little worried about not losing much of anything. It doesn't really matter to me though. I know I'm doing the right thing which is encouraging.

Also I've noticed a big difference in my mood and overall energy. Although I'm soar from the workouts, I feel energized through the day. I hope this continues.

See you all tomorrow on the scale :)
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    This week has been going good so far with the workouts and eating. My clothes are fitting better, but I guess we will see what the scale says tomorrow. Good Luck everyone!
  • jess_goobie
    jess_goobie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Going to go on a long jog after work to try to burn some extra cals. Did good over the weekend but did bad yesterday oh well. I have to treat myslef once in awhile. Hopefully this run will work off that ice cream. Excited for weigh in tmw!!
  • jlg6599
    jlg6599 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I have really been exercising and eating well. My weight is coming off fine.
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Today I did a 3 mile walking DVD workout, strength abs, and plan to do 30 minutes of walking later, 15 minutes rehab on the stationary bike.

Breakfast- carrot orange banana spinach flax seed and coconut water smoothie for breakfast and a side of cottage cheese.
    Lunch- steamed asparagus and tuna with lemon juice and garlic salt/pepper
    Snack- hummus and celery sticks
    Dinner-Salad with salsa for dressing, Tex Mex Skillet Chili with low fat beef, black beans, corn, rice and sprinkle of cheese.
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Today I did a 3 mile walking DVD workout, strength abs, and plan to do 30 minutes of walking later, 15 minutes rehab on the stationary bike.

Breakfast- carrot orange banana spinach flax seed and coconut water smoothie for breakfast and a side of cottage cheese.
    Lunch- steamed asparagus and tuna with lemon juice and garlic salt/pepper
    Snack- hummus and celery sticks
    Dinner-Salad with salsa for dressing, Tex Mex Skillet Chili with low fat beef, black beans, corn, rice and sprinkle of cheese.

Whoops...wrong board, meant that for my plan today...too many tabs opened :)