OMG low cal turkey balsamic quesadillas

Options
sweetdianachka
sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
I slightly adapted a recipe from eating well, instead of three layers (cheese, turkey onion) i did cheese, turkey, onion, turkey, cheese)

Turkey & balsamic onion quesadillas

INGREDIENTS
1 small red onion, thinly sliced (I ended up only using about 1/2 to 3/4 of the onions)
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
4 10-inch whole-wheat tortillas (I used LaTortilla Smart and Delicious Wheat tortillas, only 50 cals each)
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
8 slices deli turkey, preferably smoked (I used Oscar Meyer)

PREPARATION
Combine onion and vinegar in a bowl; let marinate for 5 minutes. Drain, reserving the vinegar for another use, such as salad dressing.
Warm 2 tortillas in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for about 45 seconds, then flip. Pull the tortillas up the edges of the pan so they are no longer overlapping. Working on one half of each tortilla, sprinkle some cheese, cover with a slice of turkey, then some onions, and another slice of turkey, followed by cheese on top. Fold the tortillas in half, flatten gently with a spatula and cook until the cheese starts to melt, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until the second side is golden, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Make 2 more quesadillas with the remaining ingredients.

I made 4 and my husband and we each had 2. Was enough for me with some salad on the side, my husband was still a bit hungry, he's not used to small portion sizes.

For a serving of 2 quesadillas, 418 cals

Replies