First Week Down

Options
So, I've completed my first week on MFP and am down .3 lbs, which if I stay at this pace will be a painfully slow process to get to my goal this summer. I'd like to add more exercise in, but I am reluctant as whenever I add exercise my weight loss stalls. I know everyone will tell me I'm buidling muscle, but honestly I'm really not buidling that much muscle walking, so there's no logical reason why I'm not losing on 1200 cal per day.

I would love to blame an amazingly slow metabolisim except that I've had that checked and I'm healthy in all respects. Defintely a change from my 20s and early 30s when I could blink and lose 5lbs. Anyways will plug away this week and at least hope the scale keeps moving in the right direction. Hope everyone has a good week!

Replies

• rushikareddy
    rushikareddy Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Hey! Guys I am on a weight loss plateau and I don't know how to break it! I tried eating less calories and eating more! Maintained my calories 30% less than my TDEE! I am working out regularly! And I am definitely sure I haven't put on any muscle weight so soon lol! Any help? I seriously need to lose the 20 lbs by June-July ! I am hoping that's possible but this scale is not budging !
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Try a day of just eating mostly good lean protein and veggies. I know when I was plateauing, that helped A LOT.
  • hunigirl
    hunigirl Posts: 11
    Options
    About to say what the above poster just said. It does help to cut grains for a few days and up your protein. Also I have learned to add some good fats and then the weight drops again. Mainly mixing my days as to calories helps as well. That is take more calories one day then go under the next. It's complex but has good research behind it and works for me. I'm back on that this time around. Lets see how it goes.
  • KariRoseDoll
    KariRoseDoll Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Have any of you started a new workout routine? Because honestly, when you do, it may appear that your weightloss has "stalled," but it's just your muscles holding fluid and things of that nature. So, the number on the scale may be "bigger" or the same, it doesn't mean you actually weigh more... it's just that build-up. I sincerely believe in eating at least at BMR, and eating back exercise calories. I don't freak out if I don't see weight loss for a week if I know I started a new exercise. I just wait it out, and low and behold, two weeks later, I was down a good four pounds. Try eating a bit more and sticking it out a little longer, it'll come off. I've lost 15 pounds in the past 60 days just by eating at or above my BMR, so I think I must be doing something right.
  • rushikareddy
    rushikareddy Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Maybe that's the problem! :) I started a new workout regime! Just started HIIT training plus my trainer added more resistance training! Also maybe it's because it's the TOM for me! Haven't seen any weight loss in two weeks! I am already on a low carb high protein diet! And I am pretty strict with it! So I guess I'll wait one more week and check :) thank you for the help :)
  • Gracie430
    Gracie430 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have to brag a little. I actually have had a whole week of "good" days (7, count 'em). Finally, I've been able to make it through the weekend and keep it together. YAY. I weigh tomorrow morning, but even if I haven't lost the 2 lbs. I'm hoping for, I won't be disappointed. I'm just so happy with myself for staying on track! YAY ME!!!:happy:
  • KariRoseDoll
    KariRoseDoll Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    No problem, and TOM definitely, DEFINITELY makes a difference. I can go from 159 to 162 just from TOM. I know when I first started the 30DS, I went up a pound or so for a week or two and then I shot straight down.
  • Gracie430
    Options
    Weighed today and lost 1 pound this week. I plan to up the exercise and, hopefully, lose 2 in the coming week. As long as I keep losing. How is everyone else doing?
  • profesorakate
    profesorakate Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm up 3 pounds, but look smaller (confirmed by my partner). It's day 8 of 30DS, level 1, so that could be it. I'm not worried as I feel and look smaller. Also TOM is next week, so that could be another factor. I've been feeling weak, drained and exhausted all day today, and upped my calories (actually ate back my exercise cals for once). Trying not to feel guilty about it. I've eaten super clean since Saturday. Scales will drop soon I hope! Will weigh again on Friday.
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose any weight the first 3 weeks I started, then it just started to come off... not consistently though. Be patient... it's come off if you keep at it! I usually lose weight every other week - if I don't it's usually because I haven't been eating at a calorie deficit. Luckily I haven't hit a plateau... yet. But that's probably because my calorie intake varies so much from week to week... some weeks i go 1200, then 1600, then 1400.
  • zoomerrs
    zoomerrs Posts: 21
    Options
    I've been sticking pretty consistently to a 1200 calorie intake, but I am concerned that my body has adjusted to this as I really haven't seen the scale move much in two weeks. I don't know if I should reduce it more or add more because maybe my body is storing whatever I eat?
  • nickerbokor
    Options
    I would say mix it up try eating different fruits or a different protein I was watching Dr Ian and he said tricking your body is key to weight loss
  • Gracie430
    Options
    I would say mix it up try eating different fruits or a different protein I was watching Dr Ian and he said tricking your body is key to weight loss

I love that!! "tricking your body"! Mine has been tricking me for years, so turn-about is fair play!:laugh:
  • nickerbokor
    Options
    Maybe that's the problem! :) I started a new workout regime! Just started HIIT training plus my trainer added more resistance training! Also maybe it's because it's the TOM for me! Haven't seen any weight loss in two weeks! I am already on a low carb high protein diet! And I am pretty strict with it! So I guess I'll wait one more week and check :) thank you for the help :)
    I agree I always start and then not just fall but skydive off the wagon lol so congrats to you we can do it dang it