Weekly Chat Thread Monday 3/18 to Sunday 3/24

Poeticmoe
Poeticmoe Posts: 176 Member
Hello! I didn't see a new thread started for this week, so figured I'd get things going. :)

Today was supposed to be a rest day, but I did Turbo Fire 30 this morning. I'll be changing my 'rest' days to Friday, so I got my sweat on this morning. :)

Hope everyone is still moving and shaking!

Monie

Replies

• DianaV86
    DianaV86 Posts: 146 Member
    Starting week 2! Fire Starter for me today.
  • crystallight711
    crystallight711 Posts: 156 Member
    HIIT 25/Sculpt 30 for me. I took 3 rest days due to a weekend getaway, so todays workout kicked my booty!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    13 weeks of turbo fire, doing Fire 60 for 3rd time and suddenly forgot how to do "high/low" I kept going "low/high", luckily it was the last routine, but boy was that frustrating.
  • rachpetersen
    rachpetersen Posts: 265 Member
    did HIIT 15 for the first time today...loved it and hated it at the same time...definitely have some work to do on my cardio...felt like I had run outside in the cold after that my lungs hurt and I was coughing. One day at a time!!
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    I almost started one today, but I wasn't sure if it was like an unwritten rule that Starlage did it :) I restarted today, so Fire 30 and Stretch 10 for me...hard as hell after a week off from TF. Got it done though, and 360 calories burned during Fire 30. Diet was pretty good today, but I need to have a snack, I'm at 1430ish net right now, a little below my BMR, so...I need a decent snack, or a satisfying one. Maybe a skinny cow bar :)
    @Poetic, I like my rest days on Saturdays, I'll be adjusting the schedule and working thru Weds, just making sure not to HIIT two days in a row.
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 471 Member
    I almost started one today, but I wasn't sure if it was like an unwritten rule that Starlage did it :) I restarted today, so Fire 30 and Stretch 10 for me...hard as hell after a week off from TF. Got it done though, and 360 calories burned during Fire 30. Diet was pretty good today, but I need to have a snack, I'm at 1430ish net right now, a little below my BMR, so...I need a decent snack, or a satisfying one. Maybe a skinny cow bar :)
    @Poetic, I like my rest days on Saturdays, I'll be adjusting the schedule and working thru Weds, just making sure not to HIIT two days in a row.

Just wondering, do u always eat near your BMR?? And why? I was very scared to jump from 1500 cals to 2480 (what TF calls for) Should I net my BMR, it's like 18--? I just want max results :)
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    hey! Glad someone else started the thread! I forgot all about it this morning and then I had a crazy busy clinic day. :smile:

Fire 55ez DONE!!!! That's week 7 day 1! Amazing. I can't believe I'm a month and half into this! I'm so proud of myself for sticking with this program for so long! I've given up on so many before, moving onto something else because I got bored. WOOHOO!
  • Starlage
    I almost started one today, but I wasn't sure if it was like an unwritten rule that Starlage did it :)

Nope, doesn't bother me. I'm glad when other people take the initiative! I seriously just forgot all about it this morning, then got busy! :smile:
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    371 with Fire45EZ. That one is just go go go...love it!
  • cnlargent
    Just wondering, do u always eat near your BMR?? And why? I was very scared to jump from 1500 cals to 2480 (what TF calls for) Should I net my BMR, it's like 18--? I just want max results :)

No, I don't. I aim for my TDEE - 20%, I follow the road map. My TDEE - 20% is 1701 calories, so I aim for all of that. Thats not eating back any exercise calories...I only do that if I'm particularly hungry. I consider today to be a day I ate too little actually, 1495 net is not what I like to see myself at...
  • cnlargent

Also, to add to this. Your BMR is the absolute minimum you should net. Its the calories your body needs to function and going below it is not generally reccomended on a regular basis. I.F. plays with that principal, but I don't caare for it. So, if you have your BMR as 1800, then you should try to net at least that daily.
  • Kimbrklyn01
    Kimbrklyn01 Posts: 4 Member
    I am new to posting to the boards but I want to get more involved to keep myself motivated so here it goes...

Today is my rest day. Did Fire 40 yesterday and was a hot mess when I was done. It felt great! I am half way done with my 3rd week. So proud to have lasted this long. This group is very motivating and I look forward to posting more and meeting new people!
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 471 Member

Also, to add to this. Your BMR is the absolute minimum you should net. Its the calories your body needs to function and going below it is not generally reccomended on a regular basis. I.F. plays with that principal, but I don't caare for it. So, if you have your BMR as 1800, then you should try to net at least that daily.

Ok thank you. We'll c how it goes. It's all confusing to me, but I did drop a lb. this morning, so I'm happy:bigsmile:
  • mrsTravo9112
    mrsTravo9112 Posts: 66 Member
    Week 11! - I didn't get to the 2nd half of my workout today so i will on REST day (tmrw)... I am schedule to do my day 2 tonight when i get off work... i am going to week 20 with this! I LOVE IT!!!
  • mrsTravo9112
    mrsTravo9112 Posts: 66 Member
    13 weeks of turbo fire, doing Fire 60 for 3rd time and suddenly forgot how to do "high/low" I kept going "low/high", luckily it was the last routine, but boy was that frustrating.

What was your deciding factor to finish the program out to 20 weeks instead of stopping at 12?
  • DianaV86
    DianaV86 Posts: 146 Member
    Fire 40 for me today! It's getting easier to follow along so I can push myself harder..500 cal burn today!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member

What was your deciding factor to finish the program out to 20 weeks instead of stopping at 12?

I had the discs, so I figure what the hell, might as well do them. Though like with the first 12 weeks, I'm not following it exactly, I do my own strength training workout.
  • cnlargent
    Wow HIIT 15 is an *kitten* kicker. I could barely keep up, but it was my first time so I'm ok with that.
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Wow HIIT 15 is an *kitten* kicker. I could barely keep up, but it was my first time so I'm ok with that.

I did that one for the first time last week...yes, you described it perfectly..Did HIIT25 today and that was just as nasty....in a good way.
  • Starlage
    Hello ladies!

@mrsTravo- I'm on the 20 week schedule too. Makes sense to go ahead and do it when you already have the advanced dvds :smile:

Fire 30/Sculpt 30 DONE! Always a good sweat session! 7 weeks into this you'd think the workouts would get easier to do- NOPE! LOL. Still just as hard. It's nice to feel stronger, kick higher and harder, not get QUITE as out of breath.

GETTING HEALTHY!!!