p90x nutrition guide?

Options
angieleighbyrd
angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
did/do any of you follow it? I've been doing phase 1 for about 3 weeks now and it's not going too good. phase 1 is 50% protein. which for my calorie goal is around 200 gms of protein. the book does say not to stay in that phase very long because it can drain your energy and i'm starting to feel those effects so i'm taking myself off of it. anyone else do it?

Replies

• angieleighbyrd
    Options
    I've also been having a lot of dizzy spells and spouts of nausea lately. the only thing I can really account it to is the high protein diet. I'm hopping upping my carbs will help. I was getting less than 100 grams of carbs most days.
  • jez4ever
    jez4ever Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have experienced this before as well. I would definitely up my carbs as well as my overall calorie intake. This really helped me. As a man, I went up about 200 -300 more cals a day when I wasn't getting enough energy. However, I have heard from women that this is possibly too much. You may want to start at 100-150 and if that doesn't help...go up from there. Good luck. I am also in Week 3 of phase 1 (of my hybrid). So far, my results have been great. I need to get my diet a little bit under control (weekends kill me), but other than that I am loving it!
  • angieleighbyrd
    Options
    I think i'm gonna keep my calories the same right now and just adjust my macros. I upped my calories when I started p90x. I really think everything i'm experiencing is a result of too much protein and not enough carbs. If after a few weeks I still don't feel my energy picking up like it was prior I will reevaluate my calories. Thanks for your reply.