Thank you for the Group!

Options
I started a Gluten Dairy free life on the 1st of March to support my son. My oldest son has allergies and it was suspected that he was allergic to one or both. Being Gluten & Dairy free has made a big difference for him.

I must admit that I am still working on getting it right. But now I know he is most definitely allergic to gluten. I used a prepackaged taco seasoning that had gluten in it. I knew before I used it but I justified using it because...How much gluten is actually in the seasoning packet AND how much seasoning is he actually eating? Nope it made a big difference.

Replies

• uk_angeldust
    uk_angeldust Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for joining and for your sweet message!
    I am so glad you have joined this group :)

Nowadays there are more and more people suffering from allergies and food intolerances as our society is full of products on the selves that are not good for us, not to mention all the junk food, fizzy drinks, fast food etc. Of course there are many other reasons for the allergies and intolerances! It is very important to eat healthy and exercise and I have to say, even I struggle doing that!

However I am determined to treat my body right and I will do what it takes to be healthy and respect my body and I am so happy to have others like me in this group so we can all support each other!

I think it is amazing what you are doing for your son! :) I hope we can all help each other!

All the very best

J xx
  • sensitivetobees
    Options
    Oh I do the same thing! I keep thinking I can get away with little bits of wheat here and there and I get all puffy and red in the face the next day. For my husband, his skin is night and day when he's on or off wheat. Just think how many teens might see major improvements in their acne if they'd just give up wheat! It is hard when other people are preparing your food, though.