1 year out and a few days....feeling great!

Options
mfisher16508
mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
I have been mia on here for quite sometime, but I am doing great and well, and feel wonderful. I just passed my one year anniversary on the 14th of this month, and I feel amazing. I am down arox 115 pds from day of surgery and countless clothing sizes, I wear a size 5/6 and small or med shirt, all depends on the brand.
My year was not without trials, a few stictures and learning something new EVERYDAY, hell right now everyday is STILL sooooo diff from the last, food wise I cant tolerate processed breads, but fresh baked is ok, chicken is iffy and is on a day by day basis, steak is a go, pork is dependent upon how it is cooked. Sugar is a no go and knocks me out, but I can tolerated a bite or two. Also as I read prior to surgery I just had my gallbbladded out about a week b4 my anniversary, I was expecting it, but wasnt prepared for the pain and sudden onset.
I look in the mirror now every chance I get, I am more outgoing and more outspoken. I love clothes, bras and panties and Victorias secret is my secret addiction. I dont drink soda still and dont plan on ever doing so. I can go out to eat and make good choices, although sometimes I wish I vould eat what I used to, but that is mostly when I am hungry and just need something quick to eat, so usually I hit up wendys and get a chili or somewhere that sells pizza by the slice.
If you are new to the surgery or just had it, things get easier, I still drink protein shakes and I still take my vitamins and I have had no deficiencies at all, I have very little loose skin and for that I am super lucky, but my boobs shrunk ALOT, but I am ok with that, I am healthy, I am happy and I smile ALOT.
I have bad days where I cant eat alot, and other days where I want to eat everything////I get thru them all, and know that when I made this life and body altering decision, that it was going to be a change I would and could deal with everyday.

Bless all of you on here, who have helped me, answered by numerous questions and just supported me thru it all....

Mary

Replies

• pavshop
    pavshop Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Loved to hear your story. You deserve the health and happiness you have. keep up the good work. Happy Anniversary.
  • skatermom503
    Options
    I loved your post! It should be so helpful to everyone starting on this road. I am about 17 months out and agree with everything you said. So envy you your SMALL clothes. I am in large but so much better than 5x that I used to be!! My daughter's jeans are loose on me which just kills her!! Sorry the gallbladder was painful but it's pretty much a given with this. Had mine out 2 months post op. Enjoy your new life and take care!
  • melbogg
    melbogg Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Inspiring - thanks for sharing!!!
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Awesome and congratulations on your new lifestyle. Sounds like you are doing wonderful!!!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Thats great,not the gallbladder tho they are a pain in the *kitten*(or should i say chest) had mine done also! :sad:
    i am glad there are so many great positives of your journey and lets hope can follow your path! :bigsmile: