Extremely hungry the day AFTER strength training?

Options
twinmomtwice4
twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
Most people I know say they can't get enough food on the days they lift but I'm the opposite. I'm usually fine with my calories on my lifting days but it's the day after (my cardio day) that I am ravenous!

I usually adjust my calories based on my workout so on lifting days I eat 2200 calories and on my cardio days I eat about 2125-2150 (I vary this based on the amount of deficit my cardio workout causes).

Is this normal? Should I stop adjusting my calories on my cardio days since these are the days I'm most hungry and just go 2200 across the board every day? Hopefully being hungry the day AFTER a lifting session means my body is building muscle and my metabolism is on fire???? LOL!

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    It doesn't mean anything necessarily, other than that's how your body happens to react to lifting.

Nitpicking over 50-75 calories isn't going to make a difference either way.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    managing hunger is a little different for everyone on a diet. For me, I tend to be hungrier in the evening so I save calories to eat that time of night. I have also noticed that when I increase my fiber that tends to blunt hunger.

Agree with above poster that 50 calories up or down will not likely have a huge impact in this area.
  • reid95
    reid95 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses!! Good to know it's not a big deal!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I am the same, well except for the fact that I do not actually do cardio, but I am less hungry on days I lift. Manage your calories to whatever way fits your hunger, performance, energy levels and lifestyle. Just try to get them to average out to your target for the week.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Just doing some admin - locking the thread so we can track open ones. If you want to add anything, PM myself or SideSteel and we will unlock it.
This discussion has been closed.