Welcome!

Options

Replies

• klasure08
    Options
    Hey ladies! I'm Kylee and i have been on Keto since October 2012. The first two months were awesome, but then the holidays came and i had a lot of trouble getting back into it. Finally starting to get serious again and would love the support of all you ketoers! Please add me as a friend if i didn't already add you!
  • ShawnaAlisha
    Options
    Hello, everyone! I'm Samara88 on /xxketo, I tend to lurk. I'm new to keto and so thankful for all the informative/helpful posts on Reddit!
  • ungallenblase
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Jordan, and I love keto, but I love friends more! Please add me!
  • tefita23
    tefita23 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey all!
    Glad to be part of this community. Feel free to add me!
  • flyingpiriposa
    flyingpiriposa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yaaaaaaaaay! Love to see all of us taking care of ourselves and staying in touch for keto-support! =) We roooock!
  • marronmarvel
    marronmarvel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm Tiarra, a /r/xxketo lurker. Please feel free to add me, I'm definitely feeling like I could use some encouragement lately!
  • ellebeejay
    ellebeejay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We are some VERY good lookin' ladies, I must say. :)

I'm also a /r/xxketo-er, mostly lurker, just started doing a sort of paleo-keto hybrid (I love my veggies and if they have carbs, so be it). Would love support, menu ideas, etc from you all...please feel free to friend me!
  • Domaurefilla
    Domaurefilla Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Anyone who wants to may friend me as well! :D
  • nsanchez0419
    nsanchez0419 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I'm only on day 3 of keto so I need all the help I can get! Go ahead and add me if you'd like :)
  • Lisa975
    Lisa975 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies.
    I am new to keto and reddit. I have lost about 31 lbs before I started keto and have lost 3 lbs since I went full blown keto earlier this week.

Feel free to add me. I love seeing how others eat on keto.

Oh yeah, boobies4thewin over @ reddit
  • RadiantRebelRachel
    Options
    Oh my goodness, there are so many of us! Yay! I love reading stories from women with similar challenges and doing a similar diet. That's hard to find! I'm a WAPF/Primal/LCHF-Keto hybrid (i.e. I drink raw milk daily like a WAPF-er; I mostly adhere to the recommendations of Nora Gedgaudas, blended with Itsthewooo.blogspot.com info ever since I found her blog in mid-January of this year, game changer!).

Me: I'll be 37 next month, I'm a single mom of a 27 months old boy and we're in the middle of potty training, I still breastfeed (so more calories for me! so hot and hungry still all the time), I'm 5'8.5", down 70 pounds to 179.5 from 249.5 starting Jan 1 2012 (1 year post partum).

Questions welcome!

Add me!
  • stormbourne
    stormbourne Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, really good to see so many of us here.
    I'm Sarah, I'm 41, two children. My youngest is almost 13 so I am forced to admit that I am no longer dealing with baby weight.

I dont follow any sort of anything which is my problem.
    Anyway, I'm hanging out at about 220 these days, was as high as 275 about 10 years ago, have gotten as low as 206. I was 150 before I got pregnant and would love to be there again. Oh and I'm 5'8", very curvy body type.

I have a 3 month membership to a Cross-fit gym - but i'm terrified but the you tube videos I've watched, so I haven't started it yet.
  • mandabear027
    Options
    Hello /r/xxketo! I've been creeping a bit on Reddit for a while now and decided to join the group. I love having you guys to watch and keep me motivated and I'm so proud of everyone working on their goals! I'm happy to be part of this family.

I've been pretty lazy about posting my food but I'll try to get better about it. I'm certainly going to be checking out what every one else has been nomming on. c:

Keep it up ladies, you're amazing. :3

And now a little more detail about me: I just turned 20 on March 23, I'm 5'5", and always been a little chubby, especially around the middle and thighs. Also have kind of a double chin going on, which almost all the ladies in my family have, but I'm hoping to lose at least a little of that. Another this that's difficult for me is my lack of boobs, I'm a 36A (and even then the band fits tight and I barely fill the cups), so it's impossible to hide this belly without the boobs to help hide it, you know? I'm not worried about losing what little boob I have though, I've come to terms with these little ladies. At my lightest I weighed in at about 130 pounds, I was in a tough spot emotionally at that point and was just not eating, I was rarely hungry so it wasn't a healthy weight loss. I ended up putting that weight back on when I came out of that depression, then I met a boy and became really happy with him and now I've put on quite a bit of happy weight, weighing nearly 170 lbs at my heaviest, bringing me to an officially overweight BMI. It's time to get back down to a healthy weight and super cute figure, and with support and motivation from you ladies, I know we can do it. c:

Feel free to add me!
    xx
  • tallscrubs
    Options
    Hey Ladies! Started keto on Monday (4/1) and am also a lifter. I'm also 5'10....any other tall ladies on here? I'd love to compare progress! Feel free to add me!
  • brittanymonster
    Options
    Hello ladies!

I've added you all, and I'd love for you to add me too! Climbing back on the keto horse after a year of stress and school. At my highest weight ever, and I need all the support I can get.
    That said, I did successfully lose 12lbs on my last keto go, so I know it's possible for me, and I have the goddamn power!

Same username on reddit, btw. :D
  • bleusie
    bleusie Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi there!

I'm joining in here, too! I was a longtime r/keto and r/xxketo lurker, but have recently been posting a bit. I figure the support I can give (and receive) the better this whole experience will be, right?!

I'm one of those oh so lucky women that have been heavy since, well, forever.. as long as I can remember, anyway. I'd always been athletic growing up - right until I blew out my knee early in my college soccer career. And I decided to become vegetarian. If by vegetarian, we take that to mean "I eat bagels and spaghetti". And there we have my weight ballooning way up into the 300's sometime by the time I was 26. Awesome. Especially at 5'2.

Lost about 150 pounds over the course of a few years, and got down to 170.. and then regained 45. So, here I am now, about 5 years later trying to right myself back into a normal, healthy relationship with food. I *love* to cook, and to eat. I have always struggled with WW and the low-fat/high carb diet. I swear I packed on the pounds again because of oatmeal and fruit. And smartfood, too.

Now that I've been doing keto - I've lost 20 pounds (woohoo) since 2/18. I am absolutely loving this way of eating and cannot think of a "diet" that better suits me. Anyway, I ramble. And it's Friday and I'm avoiding doing anything truly productive this morning here in the office..

Nice to meet all of you ladies!
    ~Kristen (bleusie)
  • AirFury
    AirFury Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just started keto last week, and I love it! I'm 25 and about 270 pounds right now (the most I've been in my entire life.) My goal is to get down to 185, and then maybe go into the Air Force, but I'll see what my options are by that time. Other info about me, I love Doctor Who, Japanese, Jimmy Eat World, Death Cab for Cutie, Ruzzle (I'm AirFury on there, too), and my kryptonite is chocolate.

TL;DR--I'm cool, you're cool, we should totally be friends.
  • ckfurby243
    Options
    Hey everyone! My goal is to get to 150lbs. I'd love to make some new friends!
  • KristiLynn629
    KristiLynn629 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hello there!

I have been doing keto for 2 weeks now. I have seen some progress which is very encouraging. My boyfriend started me on it. He has been following Keto for almost a year now and is down just over 100lbs.

I was not sure I could do this, as I am a "runner" (i use that term loosley), and do carb up before a big run (1/2 marathon, to scared to attempt a full). However, he did find information that let me know i can do that as long as a burn the carbs. So what the heck right?

I am 40/175.6/5'4". I do have a son who is 21, so the baby weight needs to go ;)

Feel free to add me I am: KristiLynn629 on here and on Reddit. Although I only lurk on reddit, seems any questions I have is already answered.

Looking forward to the suppport and the new recepies. I really miss my bread, I am told that goes away though.

Best of luck all!!

-Kristi
  • nextdecade
    nextdecade Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi. have just started a keto diet today, and need to lose 20 kgs (about 50 lbs). am a techno neanderthal. i got into mfp and put in my goals, and it tells me i need to eat 165g of carbs per day. How do I modify the goals on hte mfp page so i tell them i'm ketoing so that carbs have to stay under 20 or 30g? How then would this affect my protein and fat goals? i'm 4'10' tall and weigh 66 kgs. thanks for any support.