QUERRIES

Options
babynew
babynew Posts: 613 Member
IODINE ( like kelp).. good or bad for thyroid (hypo)?
My understanding is that Broc, cauli, radish, kale and cabbage are all Bad for us.
Now, is that ONLY RAW? .. or can they be eaten cooked?
Are there any other no - nos I should be aware of?
I was raw for quite a while, and learned kale messed me up.I'm fairly newly diagnosed.
I still have greenies and learned that calcium interfers with absorption of the meds.
Now, is this only in pill form. ..like waiting 4 hours for as vitamins, or is it ok to have my green leafys before 4 hours?
I'm vegan, & depend on my greens alot ( protein, iron, calcium) Implanning on going back to 90% raw now that the weather is hopefully going to break, and I'm also fighting some food allergies / intolerances as well, so I'm trying to figure out what & how to eat to get what my body needs to FEEL optimum.( soy, wheat & sulfites so far known)
I DO know that Brazil Nuts promote a healthy thyroid, & I've been havin 2 a day for years now. .as they contain all the necessary sellenium you need for the day. More is not good .Also D IS essential and Soy is a no no period.
I really apreciate all insights on foods,haves and have nots, preparations, and or supplements that you've learned necessary.
Thanks so much:flowerforyou:
Oh, any other Yes Yes's? Thanks again for being here!

Replies

• debbylee22
    debbylee22 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Hi, :flowerforyou:

Have you read through the links? I am pretty sure the info is there. But I will share with you what I've found.

Yeah, Soy is a no-no... I can't eat any of those goitergens raw.

I've just recently learned that Chia seeds are EXCELLENT for Thyroid & so I'm eating the 2 TBS @ day. Coconut oil is also great.

As for Calcium & your meds... take your meds in the middle of the night. I'm up for bathroom anyway, so its never a problem. I think 1/2 hour is what they say is all you need before your calcium.
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Thanks debbylee. I wish it were that easy.I've got extremely erradic sleep, and ALWAYS have to mark down when I took my meds,as I can't take my other ones till 4 hrs later. Today, believe It or not, it was 452+ 852 ...p.m. sucky I know ..but at least since starting the med I'm at least GETTING sleep (6 avg.) ...just noctornal for the most grrr
    Thanks for the chia tip. Its part of my routine, but hasn't been daily. ....' preciate that!
    :flowerforyou: