Question on daily vs weekly TDEE calories for reset...

SweetHarmony81
SweetHarmony81 Posts: 123 Member
Hi there!

I have read many posts in here but I still have a question I could not find the answer to. For the last couple of months I'm steadily increasing my calories and trying to do the reset. My question is, do I have to eat every day at my TDEE or can I go one day a bit above one day a bit below? I like calorie cycling, so for example if my TDEE is 2000 I would like to eat 2200 on my workout days and 1800 on my rest days (cycling my macros a bit as well). As I workout 3-4/wk, then this adjusts to almost 2000/day for the whole week.
Is that still ok for the reset to occur? Or does it have to be every single day at 2000?

Thanks!

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    If your going for a weekly total instead of daily you can try it.. just make sure the extra calories comes from healthier items and all that stuff. Its really what your comfortable with and what your body responds to more than what is written in posts.. as most of the stuff is just what works for them and others...
    Just 1 thing, if your eating 2200/1800.. try to eat that.. Don't make it ya know 1500 and 2000.. Eat the whole amount.. cause at the end of the week your deficit from your TDEE maybe getting too big, or you may just be off on your TDEE during a reset.
  • SweetHarmony81
    SweetHarmony81 Posts: 123 Member
    Thanks! Yeah, I'll make sure to eat the calories
    I'm not where I want to be just yet, still at around 1750/2050, but I'm building it slowly, adding 50 cals every couple of days. I tried to eat a flat 1900-2000 for a week, but didn't really like it, as I also enjoy the macro-cycling.
    Hope it still works!