Struggling

Options
Hi folks! I have (once again) not been on here. I get so frustrated and just give up. I know that is not the way to do this but life is just so hectic (three page story) and this gets put last on the priority sheet. You know, stress causes pain, pain makes me not want to work out, not working out causes other things. You know the cycle. Everyone has their problems/issues and I am sure mine are way less than some folks'. I do need encouragement and support. So if there is anyone out there who would like to assist me with this, I would greatly appreciate it. I will take this one day at a time and not look way down the road. Thank you.

Replies

• mumnpets
    mumnpets Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi pidnit,
    So sorry you’re having a tough time, living with Fibro throws up lots of challenges. Don’t be too hard on yourself take one day at a time and only do what you can when you can, sometimes when symptoms are bad just moving around at home can be exhausting never mind exercise. I find walking is best for me and even if i only manage 10 mins i feel i have achieved something, and over time i found that if i do gentle exercise it helps ease stiff muscles, just be careful not to overdo things to quickly as this makes you less likely to want to exercise. Fibro is a very frustrating illness and changes from day to day. Feel free to add me as a friend to offer support and encouragement.
    Marie.
  • Bookchick887
    Bookchick887 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear you are having a hard time. I, too, have been suffering pain more than ever. If I get enough healthy sleep, I do better. Walking helps, but only as much as you can handle.
    Be nice to your body, it does so much for you. I am learning how to listen to my body after a trip to the ER. I make myself do things that are beyond what I can do, I force myself and push too hard. I cause myself grief and stress and that doesn't help the fibro.
    If you must sign off for a few days, don't worry, but sign back in when you can. It helps to know there are others out here who are non-judgemental and who are going through the same thing.
    Eileen
  • tazzy_toon
    tazzy_toon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know with fib it sometimes feels like we aren't getting anywhere. The most important thing to me, is even 10 mins of exercise, anything, helps me to feel better, but if i'm having a crappy, i don't beat myself up if I don't because of stress or pain.

Feel free to add me as a friend, we can help each other.